• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Difficult captures

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Beldum was really hard for me to catch, I ended up getting annoyed and throwing a Master Ball (luckily I have a few from Emerald) but I was annoyed all the same

Toblerone

Which chocolate is the best?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    Yes, i spent absolutely AGES catching Regigigas. It took 30 ultra balls, 10 premier balls, 1 quick ball, i think!

Patchy

-
    Years
  • I caught most of them with Master Balls. I couldn't get Azelf or Uxie. I used my real Master Ball on Uxie, then I migrated some from my Ruby and caught Azelf. It was too hard to catch, something like 82 Ultra balls, maximum was "Argh! Almost had it!".

And 52 minutes into my Diamond game, I caught a shiny Bidoof with a Pokeball in one try. o.o
    My first ever shiny. <3

Cid

Years
  • I had a hard time catching a Murkrow too, though that's because I didn't use Dusk Balls...

Anyway, one of the hardest to catch would probably be Heatran.

I wasted a lot of Ultra Balls, and I mean A LOT.

bkzasazin

On the road to being a legend.
    Years
  • there was one time i was trying to catch a houndour and i wasted 20 great balls on it STILL didnt catch it...so i decided to use scyther and keep false swiping it it remained at 1 hp and STILL no luck catching it.. so about 15 pokeballs later i had 1 pokeball and i caught it..turned out to be the worst houndour i could have possibly ever found..it was around lvl 18 and my brothers lvl 15 was better..could possibly be cuz his was an egg but still...it took like 15 mins to catch.

Sweet Speed

Smile...
    Years
  • I feel like I want to kill my DS when I face Azlef, Uxie or Mesprit. I hate them, they are so annoying! I wasted 70+ Ultra Balls on them :pirate:

8th Wonder™

റിപ്പബ്ല? ??ക്ക്
    Years
  • Not an awkward capture, but it took me like 30 dusk balls to catch Giratina AND at night...but when I threw an ultra ball I caught it... and to reply to the first comment, I caught Rotom in one ultra ball full HP. I don't see why people say that it's annoying to catch though.

raging lion

Veteran Player
    Years
  • The one of the best ball is quick ball. Use it as soon as you start fighting with wild pokemon.
    Most of my pokemon are caught by quick ball.

Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2008
    Beldum. Took me about 2 hours to catch.

The one of the best ball is quick ball. Use it as soon as you start fighting with wild pokemon.
    Most of my pokemon are caught by quick ball.

At night, Dusk Ball is as good as Quick Ball, and its Catch Rate doesn't low after 5 rounds.

raging lion

Veteran Player
    Years
  • Not being rude. But what does it takes you 2 hours to catch beldum.
    At night dusk ball is the best but at day it is good to use quick ball on weaker pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2008
    Not being rude. But what does it takes you 2 hours to catch beldum.
    At night dusk ball is the best but at day it is good to use quick ball on weaker pokemon.

Perhaps its 53 level and its catch rate of 3? -.-

Back