• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diffrence Between G/S/ and HG/SS

Minun456

Minus
    Years
    Some major changes from G/S/C to HG/SS is the PokeWalker, the design, and the events.
    This game is going to be the best DS game in my opinion.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2011
    Well SS and HG is much more Better now.
    They have New event and more.

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
    i can't wait to go to the park and join in on the Bug Catching Contest again. i actually hope that they put the Safari Zone back in it, too, even if it's not until some event has been satisfied. the one thing that thouroughly annoyed me about G/S/C was the loss of the Safari Zone.

Sebastien Loeb

Motorsport Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    What are the main differences? im tired of people on other sites saying there is no point in buying the game because its the same exact thing, so I wanna give them info proving that there wrong, can any of you guys help?

According to me, I am too much there few information, video and screenshot to decide what differences to the moment there are.

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    I think that there's going to be quite a lot of differences. We've already seen that there are going to be some changes to the storyline (such as the Kimono Girls playing an important role and Team Rocket having extra executives),and the Johto map has been changed around quite a bit.

To be honest, these remakes seem more like a "director's cut" of the original Gold and Silver games, rather faithful recreations like Fire Red and Leaf Green were.
    You make it sound like HG/SS is a bad thing when you phrased FR/LG as "faithful recreations"

Years
    The people who say that are dumb. the graphics is better and could connect to D/P/PT. Plus who wouldnt like to relive their childhood?

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
    it could be interesting if they not only did Kanto, but also added Hoenn...or, better yet, why not the Orre region? you know, from the Pokémon Colosseum games. :D

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2011
    Well, the graphics of G/S were good from their time, but the nature and architecture of HG/SS are absolutely beautiful. The game looks almost flawless for being a handheld game.

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
    That's Nintendo for you. Only they know what the DS is capable of doing. Anyone else notice that? I mean, that not many other companies seem to take advantage of the DS/DSi's graphic capabilities? I still can't wait, though. :D

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    i'm not really a big fan of the heroine's new look. i actually like the way she looked in Crystal...oh well...

and i do agree with GymLeaderLily, that yes, they are cosmetic changes, but never-the-less are changes. can't wait for spring next year! :D
    l

agreed, but this thread isn't complaining about her lol. But it was bound to happen to make a remake

:t354:TG

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    *A really long, pessimistic post*
    Alright, just to make the point, MANY of the features you considered as "cosmetic change" are much more than that. New places and double battles are definitely more than cosmetic changes. And I can count GTS as a new place so bam, confirmed. Plus, they gave us many clues for new places.

Oh, and the writer didn't even include a few other features. For example, the extra 242 new Pokemons that weren't available in the originals (sorry if it's not the exact number, I don't care of those things in Pokemon anymore lol, over 240 Pokes anyways) in that classic region are a fair reason to throw away the old games. And yes, trust me, most of you will barely see your old G/S cartridges once the English versions of HGSS are out (what's the difference, it's the same game, plus better graphics and endless new features, minus the majority of the bugs).

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Im guessing just the gxs (sorry if thats spelt wrong)

Back