• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Digimon Adventure: NEXT! [Registration+Discussion Thread]

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2012
    Sorry for not responding sooner, there was a storm down here yesterday and the engineers didn't get our internet running up again until a few hours ago. Thanks for accepting me, can't wait for this to start.

Years
  • -
    Digimon Adventure: NEXT!
    Season One: The Digital Invaders Arc

[FONT=606f1e97efbacece12c00d40#c01300]Adventure One: Digital World Open.!

Episode Theme
    -

Part A:

It's wednesday morning, just another school day. All week it's been nothing but drastically changing weather, electronic malfunctions, phones being hacked into it. There have been rumors about a cyber-terrorist, but you know that can't be right. You head to school, and just like the previous two days you don't have to wear your uniform to school! Why? Because its spirit week; in two days on Friday Night, Shibuya High will go against Chiyoda High in the Tokyo City Tournament finals. On Thursday night, Shinigawa High will go against Edogawa for the third place spot. School goes off without a hitch, while no one seems to mind the rather chilly weather during the summer you're a little uneasy. After school, in your school's quad, gym, or whatever, the school site council has organized the last pep rally for the football season. Some are thrilled, some are sad, some just don't care. With music booming and streamers flying around it's a festive atmosphere, the four football captains are called to the stage and are given trophies for their contributions to the team. A few games are played, like musical chairs, a wheelbarrow race and the always favorite "let's see how many people we can fit into a car.!" game. The pep rally comes to an end and its getting pretty late, you don't want your parents to worry so you make your way to the front of the school to go home. On your way home, either alone or with friends, you notice a bolt of lightning far off and then a loud crack of thunder. Then snow starts to fall, with only a few clouds in the sky that aren't even blocking the sun. You're close to finally coming home, if you had any friends walking with you they left by now, when you feel a jolt run across your body. You freeze in your tracks as you hear a voice echo in your head,

"Five strange fingers form Fate's hand,
    Each one plays part at Fate's command.
    A clouded past, the answers it keeps,

Until its time each secret sleeps.
    When pain is truth and truth is pain,
    The Evil of The Past shall be freed again.
    Five shall go but five shall not return,
    Vain hope and pride in terror burn."

You snap out of it, and a few feet away from you is a short figure covered in a brown robe, the hood casting a shadow over the man's face. You take a step back, not sure what's about to happen. The figure looks up to reveal the man's face, not attractive at all with a bulging eyes, his only trace of eyebrows are thin strands of hair and a large white mustache underneath his large nose. He smiles, many teeth missing, which makes you take another step back. He tells you not to be afraid, the fact that he also says your name makes you completely turn around to run the other way. Only thing is, he's already there and snatches your wrist up in front of his face. He try to move, but your frozen, that's when your hand begins to glow. On the back of your hand, the outline of your emblem begins to glow, but to your character its just some strange foreign symbol they have no knowledge of. The man chuckles and says you are one of the chosen children or some nonsense like that, you pull your wrist back and in a flash of multi-colored light the man was gone..

Part B:

Finally you're home and deal with whatever it is you usually deal with at home, whether it be good or bad. You pass by your living room, den, or whatever and notice your television is on the news channel. Its a special report about phones not being able to be used to make calls, which is fine with you because being a teenager all you do is text! So you head into your room, exhausted to say the least, but you know you have to study for the next day of school. While you study, you can't help but to have your mind wander off to your computer which is sitting idly beside you. You quickly log on and start chatting with your friends, when suddenly you receive a strange e-mail. When you read who sent it, you find it strange when you read: @@@@@@djm.ndes.co.jp/sys/switchboard. Whoever sent this was from the company who sold internet software. Just then the e-mail opened itself, and the attatched file began to download onto your hard drive. While you freak out, worrying about viruses and what not, every window you had open closed and a new shortcut was on your desktop. The title sounded like some sort of video game, and you mutter it to yourself quietly, "Digital World...?" As if on cue, a fluorescent blue light bursts from the computer monitor, completely engulfing your room. When it fades away, you're no where to be seen. Leaving your room with an active computer and a lone computer chair rolling backwards.

You wake up, your head pounding and you look around. You don't know where you are, and you don't remember how you got there. You just remember falling, your body hurdling down some sort of abyss. Your surroundings were beautiful, large mountains complete with waterfalls, and large tropical trees as far as the eye could see. You decide its best to find out exactly where you are, so you start to walk past the trees. Everything looked identical, so you had no clue where you were going. Then you freeze in your tracks when you hear a loud roar, after s few seconds a loud crash shook the very earth itself. You panic and dart off into a random direction, past the trees until you end up in a clearing. But something about this had a different feeling than the rest of the jungle area. The sky was completely blocked by the canopy of large trees, light faintly showered down into this eerie place casting cloud like shadows on the cold forest floor. Serene, cool air floated around this place and in the back of your head you could hear a mellow tune. You look over to the middle of the clearing where a lone pedestal stands, you approach it and get to urge to touch it. When you do, the floor beneath you erupts with brilliant light that forms the same symbol that was on your hand when the old man grabbed it. A small sphere of brilliant light emerges from the pedestal and launches itself at your chest, the energy erupts into blinding light and when it fades away, an egg is left in your hands. While you're trying to process what's going on, the trees all around you begin to snap violently. You look around until the sun's rays are completely blocked off. You look up to see a large red dinosaur towering over you. The monster stomps its tail and blows flame into the air, the egg in your hands begins to glow again and you hear the old man's voice echo in your head.

"They are chosen. Chosen from a group of young ones. Chosen based on their traits and characteristics. It is unknown who chose these children. When the time comes, they will be called upon to save those who selected them. Welcome to the Digital World, Digidestined."

You lose your vision and every part of your body turns numb, then you fall to the floor. You feel the cold forest grass around you, then you can see again. You're in your bed, you check the time. It's 8:02, the same exact time you left. What had just happened..? You start to try to make sense of this, when you look at the foot of your bed to see the egg from before laying next to your feet..
    ___________________________________________________________________________________

((OOC: Alright, Adventure One just means Episode One to be clearr. There will be one Adventure every week, so you'll have one week to finish up each part in an episode. You can only post once until everyone has finished posting that part, then you can go on to the next part so no one gets left behind and feels overwhelmed if they need to catch up. There are two parts to this first episode, part A and Part B. You make ONE post for Part A and ONE post for Part B, i know its kinda long i guess but...i like to start big! ^___^ I don't know how long it'll be until the actual roleplay thread gets accepted, so for now just try and make the best posts you can possibly make.! If you have any questions go ahead and ask, this is now officially the Discussion Thread.!))
    [/FONT]

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Excellent! I've written up part one, it's sitting in my UserCP notepad. d: I'll post it as soon as the main thread is up!

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2012
    ^ Ha, I'm still working on my SU for your RP.

Will probably start working on the first part for this tomorrow, depending on how inspired I get - with that in mind, I should also put together a playlist for Kiyoko.

Also a question - by football do you mean American football or soccer?

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    i didn't even think they played grid iron in japan. d: i thought baseball was more their thing.

AND EXCELLENT EIGHT. LOVE IT.

Years
  • American Football ^.^ Neither did I! :O i was amazed that they played, not only that they played but that they were good! :O There's an international american football tournament and japan won twice in a row. It was so awesome.!

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    wow... that is... really amazing! i never really imagined the japanese to be burly and bash people down.

next thing you know, the japanese will start playing AFL d:

Yuukihime

I'm allergic to people.
    Years
  • Well, I'm not necessarily good with digimon but I'll attempt to compose a sign-up if there's a spot still open, Charry. ;)

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    i'm already halfway through part 2. d:

i have a lot of free time on my hands so i am on FIRE.

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2023
    I really like your idea about the soundtrack Charizard! I'm starting my posts now.

Edit: The main thread is up from what I saw!!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2012
    Just letting you know that I won't be here from Tuesday until either next Sunday or Monday. I'll have the first part up tonight or tomorrow night, and if I get the chance I'll also write the second out and try and get it submitted when it's due. If not, next Sunday/Monday. Hope this is okay.

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2023
    I'm going to be camping for the next week, so I'll try to post part B on friday night.

Years
  • Its okay, the first adventure was posted up June 30 which was last thursday. Which means we have until the 7th, this thursday, to post it up. That gives us 2 more days to finish this up. I'll have my Part B post up probably tomorrow morning, its past my bedtime ahaa ;D that was a joke, i totally don't have a bed time. >.> <.<

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
    Years
  • Speaking of that sorry for not posting before the deadline but my computer somehow malfunctioned on Thursday and could not open my word documents to continue my post and Friday i left town until today but now its ok ( i reinstaled the program) and should have my post up by tomorrow.

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
    Years
  • I'd... actually really like to join this.

/possibly number 1 Digimon enthusiast on this board : I

Well, in regards to data anyway.

'm petitioning you in private, Lizardon-kun.

Years
  • Some internet guy came in and messed around with some stuff, idk what happened but its all back to normal now. I'll extend the deadline to this thursday, that way even Eight can get in her part B. I'm writing my post as we speak

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Cooooooool. I've read your post. <: I'm really curious on what's going to happen next!

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2012
    Apologies for not posting sooner, things changed at the last minute and I haven't been able to dedicate much time, if any, to going online. I should be able to have a post up by tomorrow night. Hopefully my internet will co-operate again (currently using someone else's computer).

Back