• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Digimon Nova Red ver. 3.1 [COMPLETED] [UPDATED 8.12.2022]

Those of you who liked the game and want to see more, what would you like to see next?

• A Digimon hack of Pokemon Emerald (Gen III)

Votes: 33 75.0%
  • A Digimon hack of Pokemon Gold (Gen II)

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Quit hacking forever because you didn't include my boy Apollomon

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Johtoborn

Emotinal Support Moth
Years
  • DonKalypso is right. Don't be afraid to explore your options if brute-forcing it isn't working. Nova Red isn't like vanilla Fire Red, where you just exploit the gym's weaknesses with some mon that will give you STAB damage. You'll have to try more advanced strategies like using status moves, cutting accuracy, etc.

If you just feel like taking the grinding route, however, your starter will be strong enough to take down Kudamon by level 16, guaranteed. (Well okay level 17 if you chose Koromon because that's when Agumon learns Dragon Rage).

Catching a grass or a bug mon in Viridian Forest and feeding it a DigiEgg to evolve it into a more powerful form is another easy way to get a short-term boost of power to climb over roadblocks like Brock.
    Lots of options! Let me know which one you end up going with!

Digimon Nova Red ver. 3.1 [COMPLETED] [UPDATED 8.12.2022]

So after a period of silence, I did end up beating the game, with this being my final team!

Johtoborn

Emotinal Support Moth
    Years
  • Mmmm, other than the notable level jumps, I found the hack to be pretty good!

The sprites are the best part tbh, a far leap from the whole two Digimon rom hacks I had played like... 5-6 years ago that had really bad sprites

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2022
    I find it funny that you say "modern" digimon stuff is like Greek to you, but DNA digivolutions were almost always called jogress and you have modern digimon like Shoutmon and Angewomon digivolving into Ophanimon instead of Magnadramon. I'm not trying to throw shade, it's genuinely amusing to me.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I find it funny that you say "modern" digimon stuff is like Greek to you, but DNA digivolutions were almost always called jogress and you have modern digimon like Shoutmon and Angewomon digivolving into Ophanimon instead of Magnadramon. I'm not trying to throw shade, it's genuinely amusing to me.

I only watched the first two seasons when I was 8-9 years old. Ironically I had to learn a lot more about Digimon as I was making this game. It was a dynamic process for sure.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2023
    Hi, just wanted to know is the post game islands (four, five, six and seven) meant to be blocked off? Love the game by the way. Managed to get my team to level 70 before the elite 4😀

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi, just wanted to know is the post game islands (four, five, six and seven) meant to be blocked off? Love the game by the way. Managed to get my team to level 70 before the elite 4😀

Glad you enjoyed it! ^^

The Sapphire is located right beside the Ruby, rendering Islands Four, Five, Six, and Seven obsolete. Blocking them off was the easiest way to streamline the postgame.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2023
    Thank you for your response :) thoroughly enjoyed the game and was craving more so I was just wondering if blocking the Sevii Islands was part of it 😅. Saw you did a rom hack of emerald as well! Will check it out immediately 😇

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2022
    Hey I love the hack, but I have a question, where is the vs seeker? Its not where it is in firered

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey I love the hack, but I have a question, where is the vs seeker? Its not where it is in firered

Glad you're enjoying it! The VS seeker was removed because I didn't feel like editing every trainer's team data three times over. Kind of lazy of me but it is what it is. :p

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I love this game but I'm having trouble getting the legendary digimon in Cerulean Cave. Everytime I go towards him the game freezes on me and my Pokedex is almost complete

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2023
    Hi! This Game is amazing! I love it! But I'm having trouble getting Calumon.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi! This Game is amazing! I love it! But I'm having trouble getting Calumon.

Glad you're enjoying it! Calumon can be found in Routes 113 and 114. His catch rate is "150," so a Great Ball or an Ultra Ball should be enough.

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2023
    Sorry I'm to stupid to find route 113 and 114 in Kanto, where are they?

Back