• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Digimon

Sesshoukid

Tell the truth and run.
    Years
    I loved Digimon when I was younger. I've watched many episodes from several different seasons, but I don't watch it any more. I can hardly name the characters and some of the digimon now. I still like it, though. I just got an account on Digi-Adopt, coincidently, lol.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I've always had a deep love for Digimon, maybe even more than Pokemon. I'd still watch it if I had any of the series in hand, but I still need to get those. I loved the first three seasons very much. Fourth season was not too bad either, but the last season just seems completely horrible. I watched one episode and I absolutely could not get into it at all. Disappointing really. Hopefully they'll make another season and return a bit more to it's roots or something. I still watch the first Digimon movie often as well lol, I love the artwork and animation they used for it. The reason I always enjoyed Digimon more than Pokemon was because of the characters and how much more intricate each one is, makes for a good series.

幕之内 一歩

<b><font color=
    Years
    You know how I see how Digimon going? I see it going the way of Power Rangers. It's still gonna be airing years down the road, but it'll be like on it's twentieth re-incarnation. XD

I enjoyed the original series, but after that, it lost my interest, mainly I could already see it going down the road I explained above ^ :P

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
    I love Digimon. Especially first season. My favorite tamer is Tai and my favorite digimon is Agumon. Although I hate Gatomon.

Keitaro

Urashima
    Years
    I was fortunate to tape the entire seasons 1 and 2 of Digimon, being the fan I am of it from back in the hay day. I had 3 on tape, yet recorded over it since just wasn't the same as the first two. Nevertheless good memories of Fridgimon and friends, heh.

Pan!ko

vibratingcat XD
    Years
    I remember Digimon! At my old primary school in Melbourne it was the hype about 6 or 7 years ago and everyone had 1 and brought them to school and battled each other. Unlike pokemon cards, they didnt get banned. My favourite series would be 02. I liked how the story progressed.

Ian758

Eon Blue and Red are coming!!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • MN
    • Seen Mar 5, 2013
    Well, I like it, but when I first heard of it I was the kind of kid that liked to sit there and play and watch Pokemon all the time, and then when I seen Digimon, I knew it was a copy of Pokemon, exept they could talk. THen my dad bought me Digimon World 3 for my birthday once, and I loved it, I beat it andlove the story, so i bought 1 and 2, then I beat them and bought the rest of the games, the anime, well I loved that to, I don't know if its on anymore, I want to record it with my DVR but it doesn't find DIgimon, so that kid of stinks, but yeah, if I had to pick between Pokemon and DIgimon, I would have to pick Pokemon. Sorry Digi fanatics!

killet513

Death the Kid
    Years
    DIGIMON!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!! lol No seriously that is one of my favorite shows ever. The last season Digimon: Data Squad was ok, but my favorite season was season 2. The idea of armour digivolving was a great idea I think lol. Veemon is my fav. Flamedramon and Raidramon are the coolest. Oh yeah X-veemon is amazing to. So all in all digimon is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Oh The Places You'll Go.

Whatever will be, will be.
    Years
    Digimon? Digimon! DIGIMON!?
    That show was the heart and soul of my child life.
    Oh, how I couldn't wait for it to play on the television every day.
    Season One was the best; my most favorite, ever! <3
    Season Two was okay; I only liked it when past characters showed.
    Season Three; haven't seen the entire season, but it has been cool as of what I watched.
    Season 4 was great :3 The whole new concept made it seem like a new show, so it didn't hurt my love for Digimon.
    Season 5? Never seen it. Nor, will I ever.

level.

Forgot about user titles
    Years
    I have never EVER watched Digimon. I've seen Youtube poops of it, though.
    I always thought Digimon was a rip-off of Pokemon. I could have sworn Digimon died out four or so years ago.

Shem

Bored...
    Years
    I have never EVER watched Digimon. I've seen Youtube poops of it, though.
    I always thought Digimon was a rip-off of Pokemon. I could have sworn Digimon died out four or so years ago.

I really wouldn't call it a rip-off, The whole reason I watched it was because I was obsessed with Pokemon and I made the connection with the "mon" part. But I think they were just cashing in on the suffix because of the popularity of Pokemon and to try and bring some of the gigantic Pokemon fan-base over, looks like it worked too.

It pretty much did die, the games just kinda sucked after the first World.

Seriously Bandai, the first one was a PS greatest hits! and your new ones are mediocre at best, make the connection, and like Wendigomon says,"Go back".

The cards never got too popular from what I saw, and there was a big gap between frontier and savers, and savers just sucks.

And what's really depressing is that while Digimon was being aired on Jetix (I don't think it is anymore =/), I didn't get Jetix at home because my cable provider won't give it to me.

They should make a sequal season to Tamers =/

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
    Yeah I've seen it. I watched the first, second, and thirds series, and am currently half way through the fourth series (though I haven't been watching it recently). x_x;;

Tamers has always been my favorite, though my favorite Digimon came from series two; Gatomon. x3

dotKarma

FCs in Sig
    Years
    First three seasons= my childhood - Power Rangers & the Pokemon Games

The fourth season was just like a "What have they done?" season for me. I tried watching it, but in the end gave up
    The fifth was okay, although I never got to see the ending. If they ever go back, they need to be more like the first two.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Even though I didn't like the fact that Digimon was a rip off of Pokemon. I really didn't have a problem with the first season (or the first set of characters of Digimon) its when they got rid of the original characters and thats when I stopped watching it, I liked Augumon (I think that was his name)

:t354:TG

Xashlei

Contest Nerd
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2009
    ...... I challenge those who say Digimon is a Pokemon rip-off to provide solid evidence. Srsly, those kind of people make me so angry, I can't even comprehend how clear their mindgears run-- *mumblegrumblecough* I'd rather not rant. It seems I've said it so many times in the past, but there will always be more people blissfully unaware of Digimon's uniqueness.

The first season is my favorite (maybe because of nostalgia and the very colorful cast), among the four seasons I've watched. Many like Tamers since they call it 'darker', but for some reason... yeah, I'm one of those haters. Adventure was more darkly-toned in my opinion, with several deaths. Not many watch past the childish innocent episodes though, to my knowledge. Another thing I loved were these really weird things popping out where they don't normally belong! Refrigerator in the desert, phone booths at the seashore, or the edible orange banana peels. Hmm...

Some Savers episodes pop up now and then, but I can't bring myself to watch them avidly yet. My favorite Digimon is Elecmon.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    ...... I challenge those who say Digimon is a Pokemon rip-off to provide solid evidence. Srsly, those kind of people make me so angry, I can't even comprehend how clear their mindgears run-- *mumblegrumblecough* I'd rather not rant. It seems I've said it so many times in the past, but there will always be more people blissfully unaware of Digimon's uniqueness.
    I'll start by assuming you're referring to the post a few up about the rip off? first I'll note that post said "was". now whether they still think that now is unknown, but once they gain an opinion and it hasn't been disproved, it stays that way (human nature, go figure)

Also, EVERYONE thought digimon ripped off of pokemon when it first came out. Why? Pokemon got dubbed first. And in addition, i'm pretty sure (digimon) it aired on Fox Kids after Pokemon came out on Kids WB. In other words, Fox Kids got Digimon to compete with Pokemon (or something like that). but ya, even I thought Digimon was a rip off when it first came out. (Granted, I watched digimon more cuz that first season was amazing)

Anyways, as far as digimon goes, my favorites would be the first three seasons, X-Evolution, and maybe Savers(mostly, if not only, for the fact that the Royal Knights are in there, and the great theme musics)

Back