• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dinosaur King: What do you think?

Haz

Haz ya seen my hack?
    Years
    A new show came onto Australian TV recently called Dinosaur King. I thought it was a cheap copy of Pokemon until I watched it a few more times. Being a big fan of dinosaurs, I got hooked quickly.
    The plot is that these three kidas called Max, Rex and Zoey where the find these wierd stones and cards which release dinosaurs. Simple, right?

So I'm just wondering, what does everyone thing of it?
    Site: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinosaur_King

NOTE: I'm unsure if this is Japenese or not so if it is, can a mod move it there instead? Thanks.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Dinosaur King. I've watched most of the dub series already. 4Kids Entertainment didn't edit out a lot of the foreign writing but their opening could be a lot better. They changed the eye catches as well for some reason. Strange. I like most of the voices that 4Kids chose. I don't know about other people but I like it to an extent.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Dinosaur King? Oh yeah...The anime isn't really appealing to me, but I sorta like it.
    However, the arcade machine is awesome, I got loads of dinosaur king cards from it. 8D I got a the D-Team's dinosaurs, and they are awesme. (Carnotaurus, Tricertop, and Parasaurolophus) But I prefer the Alpha gang's dinos. (Tyrannosaurus, Spinosaurus and Saichania) Sadly, I don't have any of the alpha gang's anime dinosaur, but I do have Alpha dinosaur cards. (Alpha Irrtator, Alpha Ouranosaurus, Alpha Einiosaurus, etc.)

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
    Max reminds a lot of Ash. Something about the voice. I don't know but its wierd.

Theres been about four or five episodes so far here and its up to the one with the Saltasaurus.
    I think Max IS Ash (you know what I mean; the voice actor who used to play for Ash is playing for Max now). :P

I've watched Dinosaur King a few times. I like it a lot, but I just hate how the dinosaurs look so realistic compared to everyone else. It's like you see two enraged dinosaurs having a heated battle, but in a cartoony environment. It's just weird. D;

And I hate the name. Dinosaur King? Come on, you can do better than that. ;S

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
    Yeah, Max is the same voice actor as Ash. But I do enjoy it. I do not like dinosaurs, but you really do not need to like them to watch the show.

Haz

Haz ya seen my hack?
    Years
    I think Max IS Ash (you know what I mean; the voice actor who used to play for Ash is playing for Max now). :P

I've watched Dinosaur King a few times. I like it a lot, but I just hate how the dinosaurs look so realistic compared to everyone else. It's like you see two enraged dinosaurs having a heated battle, but in a cartoony environment. It's just weird. D;

And I hate the name. Dinosaur King? Come on, you can do better than that. ;S

I knew they were similar. It would be cool it was live-action with realistic looking dinos. That would be awsome. Maybe.

Aurajade

Loving NGE!
    Years
    Even though I'm Eleven, I still watch it on Action Stations.
    I'm going to harrow way, I'm in year Seven, And I watch Kids stuff.
    I'm Different.
    Is it me, or is that Veronica Taloyor the Voice of max?
    (VT was once the voice of Ash)

She used to be.
    Stuipd Sara Notocheenny.
    I like VT Better.
    Rachel lissis is Ursla.

Last edited:

Bay

Years
    Yeah, like a couple people mention this already, Veronica Taylor is the voice of Max: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=7519

Anyways, don't have too much to say about the show since I only watched a couple episodes long ago. Yeah, like Vesper, don't like how the dinosaurs are realistic while the other characters and scenery are animated. The plot and characters seemed interesting though, so if I'm able to catch it on TV again I'll watch it again (and remember what channel and time too XD; )

Back