• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Disappear command not functioning?

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2020
    In this instance, the script is activated when the player talks to Pikachu (0x1). What I would like to happen is for Pikachu's sprite to disappear between the two fadescreen commands, but that's not happening :(

Spoiler:

Here's another instance of this happening, but this time the event is activated via script tile. I would like for the sprite to disappear after running off screen, but again, that doesn't happen. Actually, it does disappear, but only until the player moves (at that point, it appears in its original position).

Spoiler:

Any ideas?

DarkenedEclipse

Project Oak
    Years
  • I'm not that good in scripting but.... Could it be from not setting a flag? Maybe if you do the event will only happen once and the sprite will stay hidden just a guess sorry if I can't help :/

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2020
    There isn't a disappear command, but rather hidesprite. So use that.
    This didn't seem to work in either instance :( Thanks for the suggestion, though.

@DarkenedEclipse I'm beginning to think it does have something to do with flags. It's just odd because I've used script just like those in the past and never had that problem. Thanks.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    In order to keep a sprite hidden you need to use hidesprite and set a flag, the flag must match the number for their 'Person ID' in A-Map.

I hope that helps someway, unclear as to how you tried using a flag >< maybe you already tried this.

Back