• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Disappointments with the 5th Gen Thus Far?

Alyssachu

Trainer in training! ;D
Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 15, 2012
    I don't understand why there's a seashell, or whatever it is, on the water starter's belly. Why should that one get a symbol but there others don't?! I DON'T KNOW, IT JUST BUGS THE HELL OUT OF ME! D8< ... I'm so picky. I don't even know. XD

akaFilanachi

Turtles....
    Years
  • I think they could have designed some of the new pokemon better(examples: Gear, Pokabu, the bird thingy), the 3v3 battles are just plain stupid, and the graphics look pretty bad.

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
    Years
  • I really hate the graphics, especially in battle.. I think it's because of them moving and stuff, but I'd rather they didnt move than go back to the pixely backsprites of R/B/Y... I'm just praying they look less pixely on my ds.

Azure-Supernova

Trainer of mediocre Champions!
    Years
  • None of the revealed Pokémon so far have been partiuclarly impressive... some are starting to look like Digimon and some just plain retarded. Especially Mijumaru, some kind of retarded clown with a scoop of ice cream for a head...

I'm hoping that the gyms aren't all that gimmicky... I'm all for puzzles to get to the leader, but a rollercoaster?

There's very little I'm actually excited about with this game...

XxRogueTrainerxX

Needs a better username
    Years
  • I too am not particularly fond of the new Pokémon... almost all of them lack any thought or creativity at all. Mijumaru annoys the living hell out of me... its Pokédex entry reads "Sea Otter Pokémon", but honestly, it looks more like a retarded squirrel without a tail and an oversized head. Pokabu is probably going to be my starter Pokémon choice, but it looks like a cross between Grumpig and Charmander. On to the others, Chiramii looks unpromising, both in design and ability (but it would be hilarious if it evolved into something that resembles a rabid chinchilla the size of an Ursaring). As for the graphics and new features, they're actually halfway decent.

Years
  • I really don't like ANY of the new pokemon. The starters are predictable, but they're not so bad as the new pokes I've seen. And can't they just go back to 2D graphics? :|

negative

Life returns. Life prevails.
    Years
  • Only disappointed thus far in how pixelated the back sprites are in battle. I can see that annoying me quite a bit. Hopefully this will either look better on a DS screen that's in front of my hands, or they do a better job with the actual pixel work.

I think everything else so far looks fantastic though.

I agree! But, maybe those pixel won't be such a problem, because of all the movements...

Azure-Supernova

Trainer of mediocre Champions!
    Years
  • Also are GameFreak still following that formula? Normal and a Normal/Flying fodder?

Rattata > Sentret > Zigzagoon > Bidoof > Chiramii

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    I saw Chiramii of more of a Pikachu/Pachirisu rip-off, but I guess we'll wait and see.

Paper Ghost

[torn to shreds]
    Years
  • I still think the starter designs are kind of lackluster. :> I've seen Fakemon artists do WAY better than that, and I don't even care about Fakemon.

It's pretty bad that the human designs are better this time, though D: *usually expects both to be good*

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2011
    i think it's too early to judge whether or not i like the region and landscape and i think once it comes out i will enjoy the cities and whatnot because i have liked all of the regions thus far. however i can conplain about the pokemon. i liked the first eight or so that were introduced (the starters, the chinchilla, zebra, crocodile, gear, etc.) the newer eight i dislike though. the gothic looking one is lame, the green floating strange thing is stupid and weird, the tarantula and mantis thing are scary, the sarcophagus is meh, the rock thing that looks like probopass is also lame and its like heatren and nosepass together, and then the mole is probably my favorite of the newer eight. also wtf with the triple battles and the roller coaster (this isn't disneyland)

Aberash

blends in with the shadows
    Years
  • I am extremely dissapointed with pokemon desighs. They look like crap. The grass starter has grown on me thou

Penumbra

Do you enjoy reading this?
    Years
  • I dislike the no pokemon following you, as well. That's a pretty glaring thing. The boy/girl aren't to my liking. Still waiting for customizable trainers (or at least a wider selection, please). Also, some of the pokemon to me are rather irksome.

Other than that, I can't really think of anything right now. There are some pretty good features that B/W have going.

Air Pichu

We're Safe and Sound~
    Years
  • The Pokemon look kind of....... weird, but only like 2 or 3! I like Mijumaru and Reshiram. The few older ones were nice but the new ones that were just released yesterday looked pretty odd. No more Pokemon following you? I really looked forward to it.

exteradude

My only disappointment is that the female trainers are looking less... reserved... with every game coming out. I'm not being a negative Nancy, but still. It's my opinion, though.

I've noticed that some believe that having too much pokemon is a problem, and I would have to disagree. [I respect the opinions of others, however.] In my opinion, the more pokemon the merrier!

PKFL_531

What do you expect?
    Years
  • I'm mad because of how the sprites get pixelated because of the zoom in. It really doesn't look good, and it's very poor quality.

tangvor

Pokemon FTW
    Years
  • I don't know any of their names but I REALLY hate the the new starter sprites of the fire pig thing...(another upsetting fire pokemon chimchar now this.) and then the water type otter thing wtf...
    The follow behind feature was really cool, but could live without it.
    I just want some new cool looking pokemon that I get to find out about in this game and make a new team to own some people :]
    I'm afraid the videos make everything look more pixelated than it actually is BUT if they aren't that's an upset as well.
    These new 3 on 3 battles are going to split the damage of group moves (Surf, rock slide) even further.
    It's upsetting because Surf is so powerful on one target, but virtually useless on two and now 3?!
    I am super excited to see more release stuff on this new generation.
    On a side note of my likes are the new legendaries...ARE THEY AWESOME OR WHAT?!

Back