• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[dLtMs0 v 5.4] ITT SHINJI IS CONFIRMED FOR GROSSEST; Days till Pokestick Day: check new thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years

Female leads in shounen**** usually have 1 purpose. I like how Not Fairy Tail isn't even subtle with this fact.
    Spoiler:

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023

3 + 6 = 9

As long as there's no ritual sacrifices to Santa I'm fine

Er...Satan

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years

Good luck, sick work-man!

After having watched the first episode of Reconguista, I'm intrigued but I simultaneously want to do horrible things to its audio team.
    Music's cool, but the sound in general feels awful to me. It sounds way sharp and unbalanced, as if someone accidentally removed all the bass only to replace it with more bloody treble. I don't know if this is to invoke some sort of nostalgia for ye mecha shows of olde, as I've never seen one of those, but I know my sound professor would raise a serious eyebrow if something I equalized turned out like this.

This might sound like strange nitpicking, heck, I might be the only one thinking this. But in my experience (as a consumer of) sci-fi settings, especially those that take place in the hugeness that is space and with large-scale robots flying everywhere and hitting each other with chunks of metal, sound design is everything. Knights of Sidonia was great in this regard; thanks to the authenticity and pitch of the sound effects, it really felt like they were in the absolute vastness of space, and that all the things on the screen actually possessed mass.
    So far, space (or the outer atmosphere) in Reconguista has appeared to be just like anywhere else except you have to wear a spacesuit while you're in it and you float around instead of walking, and thanks to the sound effects the fights between robots feel more like plastic models fighting with cutlery than anything else.

...I don't think I'm very used to this whole Gundam thing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back