• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[dLtMs0 v 5.4] ITT SHINJI IS CONFIRMED FOR GROSSEST; Days till Pokestick Day: check new thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yukari

Yeah, couldn't even laugh at it. It was just all around bad.

After all, when M.Night Shamamallama makes a terrible adaptation that's better than yours, you know something's wrong.

I remember when I heard that there was I live action Dragonball Movie. I would have given anything for that movie to have been good...

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years

Tokyo Tribe actually has a pretty neat cast of characters and decent sense of humour to go with it's action and gang drama. Manga and anime also has a pretty unique style. I thought it was good. Looks like they've just gone full wacky with the live action though, would probably still be fun if you're in that sort of mood.

Not had very good experience with Live Action animus though. Initial D would have been fine if they didn't turn Bunta into a prick. Death Note had a better ending than the series but was ruined by really crap acting. GTO and Attack No.1 sucked and I'm too scared to try Nodame, although I do feel that could work.

I also think one of those boku no incest light novel has a live action adaptation now. Watching 3dpd act like ln characters sounds pretty awful.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years

Thanks to the nature of anime I rarely look forward to, or am even interested in live action adaptations, but there are some that would just work. For instance, the Rurouni Kenshin films, while I've seen only a little of them, work because the series really isn't that difficult to emulate.

Though not an anime adaptation, Ace Attorney, the live action movie, is probably the best video game movie out there because it accurately emulates the source material, even adding in the original designs and wacky tendencies of the characters, without coming off as a ridiculous copypasta.

And that's the thing about Dragon Ball. They don't have to be 100% accurate, but it's a fun series that's initially about the thrill of adventure, something that could very easily be translated into a movie series. Goku's hair might be a bit crazy, but the designs are relatively simple and, really, I think a live action movie that's not completely hollywood-botched could even be exciting. I'll keep hoping.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023

Disregard animu, acquire fanfictions

The problem with reading a 3000 page fanfic is you forget things that happened 2000 pages ago x.x

Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019

Animu is fun. Video games that have to do with anime (Naruto, Bleach, Pokemon, etc.) are fun too. Everything else, meh.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019

I expected more of a greeting along the lines of "OMG it's Charizard, I missed you so much, don't ever leave me again!"

But yea, internship so that will take up all my time.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years

I don't think I could pull that sort of thing off tbh.

Thought I'd watch less toons once I started working full time but that hasn't been the case, I've probably watched more than ever these past 4 months.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back