• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[DM] Draw me a Pokemon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    [DM] Draw me a Pokemon!
    [DM] Draw me a Pokemon!
    [DM] Draw me a Pokemon!

Draw Me A Pokemon!

Hello, and welcome to the new contest, D.M (Draw me [the theme name here]). It is a brand new contest, and it's going to be a monthly contest! This, contest will show PC members what great artist we are! So, are you up for some drawing competition, fellow artists? Of course you are! All artists who draw are welcomed! =D Let's go over basics, shall we?

The Rules

• Follow PC Rules
    • Don't be an art thief. Don't submit work that was not made by you, or take anyone's entry for own usage.
    • No pre-made work. Meaning, don't submit old work.
    • Traditional artwork and Digital artwork is allowed.
    • This a monthly contest, so each month will have a new theme.
    • There is no size limit, but please don't make work ridiculously large or small.
    • Keep work rated G to PG!
    • Have fun!

The Theme, Prize and Judges!

Due to a late start, the contest's deadline is March 30th. Next month, and so on, you'll have a full month to work with!

Judges are going to be;
    Anastasia.R
    Kura
    Loki

Emblem;
    in process!
    Also, winners get to pick the next month's theme. =]

Theme;
    The theme is drawing Pokemon from Pokemon Black and White! Or, from the region Unova! Your picture MUST HAVE AT LEAST ONE POKEMON FROM THE NEW GENERATION! You can add other stuff as well, like a trainer, or a background, BUT YOU NEED TO DRAW A POKEMON. Have fun, and enjoy!

Have questions? Contact me by PM, VM, MSN or Skype!

Last edited:
    Years
    There needs to be an announcement. I don't get why there'd be an announcement about a blog competition and IRC stuff and not this.

I dunno, did they have announcements when Botw or Iotw started? That should be very helpful, but I don't think it would get a huge announcement. =o

Last edited:

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    Hm, I dunno, is this worthy of an announcement? I actually like it how you can click "stuff to do in the Art Gallery" :)

I hope this makes the regular forum a wee bit more active though. I hate going there and not seeing a single update in days, and then see the spriter forum get so many posts ;-;

Um, so I suppose we post our works here? Here I go! It's an Unfezant, but a lot more Pheasant-like!

Years
    Two drawings?

Come on, PC, you members and artists can do MUCH better than just sending in two pictures (Not that its bad, but only two?)

Tell a friend, your awesome PC friend, your friend who's an artist, whoever you thibk should enter!​

Equinoxe

pleeease listen to meee
    Years
    • ~
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    Err. I have never even posted here before (I'm more of a lurker than a poster) and just decided to browse the forums for something interesting and boom: a drawing competition! I got a huge inspiration-boost from this so I'm definitely in (and not a day too late).

BUT since I apparently can't post any kind of links unless I have 15 posts or more, I resorted into putting a link in my signature (I hope this is allowed; I'd really love to participate but I'm not sure I could whip up 15 meaningful posts in just one day). O_o;

EDIT: okay now I have enough posts for this, so my entry is now here instead of my sig.

Last edited:

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
    Years
    Wow, the deadline is...tomorrow! xD
    Well I'll just doodle something.

EDIT: Wild Reshiram appeared:
    [DM] Draw me a Pokemon!

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Err. I have never even posted here before (I'm more of a lurker than a poster) and just decided to browse the forums for something interesting and boom: a drawing competition! I got a huge inspiration-boost from this so I'm definitely in (and not a day too late).

BUT since I apparently can't post any kind of links unless I have 15 posts or more, I resorted into putting a link in my signature (I hope this is allowed; I'd really love to participate but I'm not sure I could whip up 15 meaningful posts in just one day). O_o;
    Wow man, that is really awesome! Good job. (y)

Tox

fight me
    Years
    Lol, my entry can't really compete with the others but hey, I've always wanted to say I entered one of these things. x) I was hoping to draw a background too but I had to rush the end since I'll be at school tomorrow and I didn't want the thread to be closed. Anyway, here's my hand-drawn/GIMP-coloured picture. Good luck to the rest of you guys. Your entries look awesome.
    Spoiler:

Years
    ... Okay, so I need to make the pool, and no one made the new contest. Not what I wanted to actualyl come back to, but okay, lemme get it set up. -..-;; I'm so sorry, everyone, my laptop needs a new thing, so expect me to be back in a few days....or so =D​

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    Ummm I hope I'm not too late. But I do have an entry of sorts... It has a sinnoh pokemon yes but I didn't see that pokemon from other gens along side the 5th gen one was denied. I've been working on this since I saw the contest I just now got to finish it....

Spoiler:

Years
    So, I'm back and Kura, one of our judges are not here/active. I decided I'll pick the winner for this theme, and Loki and I will judge the next month. During May, there may be two DM contests, so look out. =O

Winner

Everyone did an amazing job, so glad to see more entries! That's why it was really difficult to pick a winner. XDDD The winner will get their emblem soon, I'm gonna need to fix it up, finally now my laptop works. =] EVERYONE, TODAY THE NEXT DRAWING CONTEST WILL BE UP!

Winner
    Equinoxe
    [DM] Draw me a Pokemon!

- Ffffffff- Fantastic! =D
    The shading was made well here, and I see an amazing backgorund to go with it. ^..^ I really loved the picture! Great job. =]

Honorable mentions!
    Corvidae, Kirozane, and Skymin!​

Tox

fight me
    Years
    Congratulations Equinoxe. Your picture is pretty damn epic. You did an amazing job on it and Crustle is one of my favourite Unova Pokémon too. <3

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back