• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do I have to do this?

Évie1

Introvert
Years
  • I came over from the german community because the most active forum still claims that 5IV Dittos are cheats and not legally obtained via raiding. I play mostly sword and shield, never touched the mobile games.
    I'm gonna try my luck over here with trading. My plan for now is to open up a sort of shop if that option exists on this page. Trade IV mons while trying to keep up with the english language. It's gonna be tough to find out all the proper translations for pokemon names and moves, but I'm gonna try my best. If you encounter any cringy grammar, please kindly point me towards it. I want to improve my english, but I also don't want to be bullied for being bad at it. All the rest on private info is listed on my profile if anyone is still curious about who I am.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2019
    I can recommend a site https://translate.com where people can help with the translation. Of course, if you're interested. Or I'll try to help, although my English is also not very good.

Last edited:

TheeWizard

Brad
    Years
  • I came over from the german community because the most active forum still claims that 5IV Dittos are cheats and not legally obtained via raiding. I play mostly sword and shield, never touched the mobile games.
    I'm gonna try my luck over here with trading. My plan for now is to open up a sort of shop if that option exists on this page. Trade IV mons while trying to keep up with the english language. It's gonna be tough to find out all the proper translations for pokemon names and moves, but I'm gonna try my best. If you encounter any cringy grammar, please kindly point me towards it. I want to improve my english, but I also don't want to be bullied for being bad at it. All the rest on private info is listed on my profile if anyone is still curious about who I am.

Hi,
    Welcome! it's nice to meet you. That's awesome that you've caught a 5IV ditto. My current objective is to complete the Pokedex but after that, I will get into breeding and training, so It would be great to trade.

Also, I wouldn't worry about English too much, by the looks of it yours is better than mine and I am English.

Évie1

Introvert
    Years
  • If there's a side that lists translations of pokemon and moves that'd be a great help. So far I'm only aware of pokewiki's german side that lists the english names in their entries. Also how do you guys call outcasts from breeding? Like when you aim for a "flawless" mon or a shiny, is there a term? I know in german it's more literal "breeding leftovers" but that seems a bit offensive in english. Would it be "flawed" since that's the opposite of the 6IVs term?

TheeWizard

Brad
    Years
  • If there's a side that lists translations of pokemon and moves that'd be a great help. So far I'm only aware of pokewiki's german side that lists the english names in their entries. Also how do you guys call outcasts from breeding? Like when you aim for a "flawless" mon or a shiny, is there a term? I know in german it's more literal "breeding leftovers" but that seems a bit offensive in english. Would it be "flawed" since that's the opposite of the 6IVs term?

Breeding leftovers is probably the term I've heard used the most, personally I wouldn't consider it offensive.
    But I think flawed works aswell.

I'm not sure if it would help but maybe trying looking at a Pokedex online, like when I look on Serebii it tells me the name of each pokemon in English, French, German and Korean.

Back