• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*do NOT check my thread* >.<

Melves

up in the air.
Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2011
    You just checked my thread, didn't you? Well well, reverse psychology DOES work.

WAZZZZAAAAAAAAAAAAAUP!!! *inspired from Scary Movie and the Annoying Orange*

*clears throat*

..so hi there fellow forum-ers. My name is Nick, short for Nickolas. I do not know what or who Melves is really, but it sounded awesome and luckily for me it wasn't unavailable, like the username Nick was!

How did I get back into Pokemon after years away from the franchise that I grew up with, basically becoming a desideratum through my uneventful childhood?

Thank Cartoon Network >.< Why? One of those many Sundays, I saw that CN was going to play the first Pokemon movie some time during noon. Before that, the concept of Pokemon was utterly vague to me hence I wanted to refresh my memory, just for the heck of it. The movie finished and the nostalgic memories and feelings for Pokemon came back. Complimenting that the second Pokemon movie played right after it! What the heck?! This re-ignited my love for Pokemon and made me enter google and search the phrase "pokemon forum". That..lead me here! Booyaaa! And here I am, writing an introduction that the thousands and thousands of members might not be even reading, or even looking at the thread. But I felt obliged to introduce myself. Not for getting recognized in the community, mind you, but to give people a sense of who I am, what I shall do, and what to expect from a total stranger who literally clicked on the forum link 10 hours ago.

Wow I wrote so much I forgot to actually introduce myself, not as a Pokemon fan but as a REAL person.

You'll see me posting in threads that have a short question since I am too lazy to read through large posts (see my large post, the irony). So, (1) I am lazy. I'll talk to anyone, anything that posts on my cool-looking profile that is open for anyone, anything really. Please. Do drop by (:. So, (2) I am friendly. I get along with people who express levity rather than severity. So, (3) I am easygoing. I am annoyed by when Phineas and Ferb are going back to school. So, (3.5) I am annoyed jealous of by P&F's LONG summer vacation. I love sports -- anything from football, basketball to swimming, even DARTS! So, (4) I love sports. I will stop writing now and take a deep breath just because my fingers are tired now and I am slowly losing the feeling in them.

This should kick-start a first impression (on me), so kick back by posting or messaging or whateva-s.

Thank you for reading through my large post, or just this part. Yes, THIS.

So, see you all around, I hope. PEACE OUT, SUCKERS and put your hands up in the air like you just don't care.

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    What a long introduction, I really enjoyed reading it! It's so detailed, and so-you! So, welcome to the forums, Melves or should I call you Nick from now on? :D

I was a huge fan of the first Pokemon film, imagine it's a battle between two legendary Pokemon, plus referred to as the strongest ones as well! I've also been into the whole Pokemon series, I've watched every single episode, although I'm getting a bit late to the current B/W episodes since I have a pretty tight schedule and doesn't have much free time aside from weekends and so, I still have to watch like 10 more episodes to catch up to the whole thing! I'm also watching on Cartoon Network sometimes!

If your a Pokemon fan, then PC is the perfect place for you. There would be a lot of boards that I would recommend but it seems to me that it would be more fun & exciting if you could explore the forum yourself than giving you detailed information about each section! But I'm sure you will get used to how everything works here, and I'm also sure that you'd be able to meet a lot of friends too! I usually post straight to the point when it comes to posting to such threads, usually to the off-topic discussions. :3

Don't forget to check out the rules by the way if you still haven't so, you don't want to get yourself into any troubles or issues, eh? Other than that, have a wonderful time here at PC and if you ever have questions, don't hesitate to send me a PM! :)

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Hey Nick!

I'm gonna level with you - this is the most epic introduction thread I have ever read in my time on PC. I really hope you stick around because you seem awesome and I think we could have a lot of fun lol.

You like sports though... ah well, I'll try not to hold it against you :P

Welcome dude!

Melves

up in the air.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2011
    It's Melves not Melvin. Who the heck is Melvin? It's an awesome name, though.

Thank you three kind people for reading my introduction and acknowledging its obvious awesomeness (WE GOT A BADASS OVER HERE! can't post the picture yet ): Well, loving sports runs through the blood lines of my freakish family: two brothers who play basketball, a sister that swims, another that runs(?), a father with a private room with all sorts of sporty stuff..contradicting that a mother who hates sports. I'm bound for sports.

And Snivy, thanks and I'll be sure to look over the rules. I'm actually familiar with general forum rules but I'll swing by the window just to make sure. I appreciate your lengthy reply to my lengthier introduction.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • sigh, i'll post here already.

hey, welcome. :)

and don't worry. I can imagine the we got a badass guy thingy. i'm also a 9gagger.

Spoiler:

Melves

up in the air.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2011
    Exactly this image, lol. Thank you for the welcome, mR. And a fellow 9gagger! YES!

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Welcome to the forums, huh? You're one funny and quirky guy in my eyes! :) And I think you'll do well in the forums, huh?

Getting your interest back just by watching a movie is a great thing and I think I'm thrilled to have you here! Just like everyone else, huh? A new member is always a good thing to have! So, um, where you'll be going? I think you should check everything out, and I think you'll eventually get involved in activities and stuff. PC has a lot of events in a year, and I bet something's coming this holiday season, so try to be active!

Seems like you have posted quite a lot, so I think you'll be able to get around here efficiently. Feel free to explore any features and sections that you might not have used yet. I think you should get an avatar and at least some sort of signature. For some reason I think I'm not good at recognising people just by name, so... XD It's your choice, though.

As you can see, from all the welcomes posted here, PC is a very friendly place. I think you're also a friendly person, and I think PC can be a better place that way.

See ya later! XD

Raizhu

the end
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    Welcome to PC, Nick! You know, it was one of the movies that got me back into Pokemon. Arceus and the Jewel of Life, IIRC. So it looks like we have something in common. :p
    Have fun!

Melves

up in the air.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2011
    Haha. Thank you, Twiggy. Yup, this place seems like it could be a base for me, seeing as university is sucking the fun out of me day by day. This got to be the friendliest forum I have been too, and I have been to ONLY 3 >.<

Raizhu, that's cool. I never got the chance to watch the newer movies. Will do so once I catch up with the updates.

Thank you all for the welcomes. It's refreshing to feel welcomed.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Well, when you get around here, I'm sure that you'll somehow get your fun! So start posting, and just maybe... XD

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • So, what happens if I (or we, lol) went and checked out your thread? :|

Your introduction was fine and I really enjoyed it, tbh!

So, yeah, WAAAAAAZUUUUUUUP Nick! Welcome to the PokeCommunity. :D Somehow Cartoon Network seems to be bringing many people back into the Pokemon world, including myself. So thanks to that. Oh, and Google too for bringing you here! It seems that PC is the first thing that pops up in your search results.

Ah I can be lazy as well. But when it comes to important stuff, I have to do it, no matter what. So I feel ya there. :P Wait, I thought it's Summer every day for Phineas and Ferb. there's 104 days of summer vacation xD lol

Give your fingers a rest. xD And after that you can jump-start on joining some discussions here. :D Okay! Have an amazing stay here at PC, and feel free to leave me a visitor message or a Private Message if you need any help. See ya! PEACE OUT.

Duosion

Duo
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2011
    I'm a sucker for reverse psychology.. nice to meet you. I'm new too! XD
    Hope to bump into you here and there in the forums.

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    It's Melves not Melvin. Who the heck is Melvin? It's an awesome name, though.

Thank you three kind people for reading my introduction and acknowledging its obvious awesomeness (WE GOT A BADASS OVER HERE! can't post the picture yet ): Well, loving sports runs through the blood lines of my freakish family: two brothers who play basketball, a sister that swims, another that runs(?), a father with a private room with all sorts of sporty stuff..contradicting that a mother who hates sports. I'm bound for sports.

And Snivy, thanks and I'll be sure to look over the rules. I'm actually familiar with general forum rules but I'll swing by the window just to make sure. I appreciate your lengthy reply to my lengthier introduction.
    Your welcome, hoping your enjoying your stay so far! :D

Melves

up in the air.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2011
    So, what happens if I (or we, lol) went and checked out your thread? :|

Your introduction was fine and I really enjoyed it, tbh!

So, yeah, WAAAAAAZUUUUUUUP Nick! Welcome to the PokeCommunity. :D Somehow Cartoon Network seems to be bringing many people back into the Pokemon world, including myself. So thanks to that. Oh, and Google too for bringing you here! It seems that PC is the first thing that pops up in your search results.

Ah I can be lazy as well. But when it comes to important stuff, I have to do it, no matter what. So I feel ya there. :P Wait, I thought it's Summer every day for Phineas and Ferb. there's 104 days of summer vacation xD lol

Give your fingers a rest. xD And after that you can jump-start on joining some discussions here. :D Okay! Have an amazing stay here at PC, and feel free to leave me a visitor message or a Private Message if you need any help. See ya! PEACE OUT.

Haha. You'll, you'll..MAKE ME CRY! ): I sound pathetic, so if you check my thread, many did so far, I'll shoot you between the eyes! HAHAHAHA hahaha ha ha ha!

Yes, CN has a mysterious power in bringing all to Pokemon. Just a couple of days ago, my friend, the same age as mine, also thanked CN for recapturing the lost nostalgia for Pokemon! Lol, yeah I think it was the first thing popping out upon my search.

Anyways, thank you for welcome, boss. I'll be sure to consult you or any higher staff if I have any questions.

I'm a sucker for reverse psychology.. nice to meet you. I'm new too! XD
    Hope to bump into you here and there in the forums.

Reverse psychology is awesome! It's nice to meet you too, Duosion. Yeah, lets hope we bump into each other here and there, which I am sure we will some time.

Back