• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do people really know you?

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    To those of you who are saying "people think they know me but they really don't", I'd ask - why not? Are you afraid to let people in or something? If people are making the effort to get to know you, why wouldn't you let them?

Me? I'm an open book. If you want to know anything about me, just ask me directly and I'll answer you truthfully. I think that if someone wants to know me, then that's just one of the best things ever.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
    To those of you who are saying "people think they know me but they really don't", I'd ask - why not? Are you afraid to let people in or something? If people are making the effort to get to know you, why wouldn't you let them?

Me? I'm an open book. If you want to know anything about me, just ask me directly and I'll answer you truthfully. I think that if someone wants to know me, then that's just one of the best things ever.

I'm like you are. Unless it's something very private I'll let you know me. What's the point in having friends if they're only friends with part of you?

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    In some ways more than others. I'll answer most people's questions about me and events in my life, which are generally fairly common knowledge among the people I talk to. In that way I'm a really easy person to get to know. As for personality, what I show face-to-face is pretty easy to figure out and people generally like it and can predict it.

But what people don't know is that the personality I show is generally a world apart from my real one. That's the one which people never really get to see except a couple. I try letting people in on it sometimes but it just feels too, for lack of a better word, wrong to do so. Idk, it's kinda hard to explain really.

What's the point in having friends if they're only friends with part of you?

For me, I do have friends that know me completely, but I limit it to a very, very few people. Your actual personality and emotions are a very deep and important side of you and they can work a long way against you sometimes. I find it's safer to show people the side of me which I know they like than to experiment and show them anything else.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I'd like to imagine that people have no troubles quantifying who I am. I don't hide anything, that's for sure... and it's there in the open if people are willing to ask. :(

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    Everyone knows part of me. Nobody knows or ever knew all of me.
    I tend to be somewhat afraid of being rejected (Reject used vaguely) by others.
    Thus, there are a lot of things I simply leave unsaid.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I don't know. I don't think anyone knows all of me, not even myself. But some people know me fairly well. Most people know my outer self, but there are all sorts of layers that make me up.

Nameless.

I know me, everything about me.. but to deliver that crap ton of information to another is no cake walk. Many people choose to assume stuff about me, or assume things they believe are true about me. I like to put it this way...

I am a you, a we, a them, an us, a me.
    What I am, you are, and what you are, I am.

Yeah, it takes getting used to. We all relate to each other somehow, someway, though.

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
    Nah, I can't be mysterious to save my own life. I love spewing my opinions to whomever will listen. Generally from my arguments with others, people can already work out what my stances on life's many issues are. I don't know if I'm predictable per se, but I don't think I'm unpredictable.

I get along better with open people, but I'm friends with many introverted/closed individuals. It's up to the person to tell you what they want, when they want, so I'm not about to hold anybody against their own selves for not adapting to how I would behave in certain situations.

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
    Years
    I've never really tried to let people in because when I tried to, I'd always end up being hurt, I am starting to try now but I will always have that thought in my mind that is why are they talking to me or are they going to hurt me or something. I'm just a big old goofball if you get to know me but lately I've been more or less depressed for no reason. Let's just say that I am constantly changing, trying to keep up with everyone else, only to end up trying too hard.

flubbateios

On forums I'm general, ya think you know me, on chat, I'm quite crazy! :D

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    People pretty much know how I am. I have such a dry sense of humor, that people know not to really take things I say seriously even though I said it with a straight face.

There's one person that ruins it though. He takes me seriously every time. He's the only person who does it. It's kind of annoying having to explain what I said to him, when everyone else is chiming in to say like "No she. She just. Ugh Jon. She doesn't. Ugh. Come on boi."

Online it's a bit harder haha. I know I'm pretty different from a lot of members on PC, I have a typical Livejournal "WHY ISNT THIS ANIME EPISODE SUBBED RIGHT NOW I NEED IT WHY IS NOTHING GOING MY WAY" personality, and people on PC have taken that seriously in the past. So I've had to tone it down quite a bit ):

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I don't think so, especially not online. Offline I think that apart from my parents, there's really only one person that knows me and everything that comes with it. Online, people may know about me, and it's a whole different thing.

Years
    I don't know if people know me or not, but I know them!

OvO

[serious note: I don't know people on here at all aside from what they appear to be, and they don't know me aside from what I appear to be.]

Turn-it

Coordinator/Elite Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2012
    A lot of people get me. I'm kind, lazy, and I have my ignorant moments, but people accept me! :D lol

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I think most people that do stick around most places do know me, but I'm not sure myself.

Back