• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do people take pokemon too seriously?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Some do take it too serious. By this I mean they build teams specifically designed to win. Not that there is anything wrong with the love of winning but when you dont put your own style in it there is no point and in my opinion you dont have a voice ultimately. Its nice to rlax and have a team deigned to fit you, you kno?

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    In my opinion, people are allowed to play the games how they want. It's nobody's right to tell you how to play a videogame, you play it at your own pace and take individual enjoyments from it.

And as for teams designed to win, that's kinda the point. Use the Pokemon you want to come up with strategies that will outdo your opponent.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    As DeanoDance said, a person has a choice as how to play a game, i for one don't care, but some others may won't to "be the best that no one ever was"

Years
    In my opinion, people are allowed to play the games how they want. It's nobody's right to tell you how to play a videogame, you play it at your own pace and take individual enjoyments from it.

And as for teams designed to win, that's kinda the point. Use the Pokemon you want to come up with strategies that will outdo your opponent.

I agree whole heartedly, unless you're an overcompetitive sore loser I don't care how you choose to play the game.

Though I do agree that setting a lizards' tail on fire...it's crazy and it's animal cruelity to boot! o_O

Terri

Whatever floats your boat
    Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2015
    i went to the a pokemon event sometime back and battled a person, it was 6 on 6 lvl 100, i couldn't understand anything he was telling me about how that attack was going to beat my pokemon, or how i'm not going to do a lot, all i remember was him saying something about stab, but anyway he took it too far, i still won in the end with two pokemon left that was funny

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    I think that some people do, but I don't.
    In fact over the last couple of weeks I have been falling out of Pokemon...
    But yeah I know a few guys who are too obsessed for their own good...

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021

Did I hit a nerve, your post seemed almost directly to me but I do agree that no one has the right to tell anyone how they should play, but I was just simply voicing my opinion as you were.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    I think that some people do, but I don't.
    In fact over the last couple of weeks I have been falling out of Pokemon...
    But yeah I know a few guys who are too obsessed for their own good...
    Does it include me?
    & what could possibly be the reason to why have you been falling out of Pokemon?

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    I don't know.. I have just been getting a lot of homework recently and well over the top of all that, I just don't really do anything Pokemonish...

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    Don't lose heart, i am completely OBSESSED with Pokemon even though it gets me in a lot of trouble.

lily12973486

Your Worst Nightmare
    Years
    Don't lose heart, i am completely OBSESSED with Pokemon even though it gets me in a lot of trouble.

That's exactly what happens to me! I believe pokemon exist but not in this realm. Who's going to tell me that it's impossible?! Nobody would be able to prove me wrong! I'll zone off in class thinking about pokemon every once in a while. The teachers might yell but it can't stop my passion. If pokemon were real I think the world would be a much better place. I'd have lots of fun !

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
    HAHHA!=D Same! I think Pokemon are real. They are! Plus I'm ALWAYS playing Pokemon, but who cares? I play it as much as I want and when I wanna stop, I .. stop.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    That's exactly what happens to me! I believe pokemon exist but not in this realm. Who's going to tell me that it's impossible?! Nobody would be able to prove me wrong! I'll zone off in class thinking about pokemon every once in a while. The teachers might yell but it can't stop my passion. If pokemon were real I think the world would be a much better place. I'd have lots of fun !
    100 percent agree with you!! I hope Pokemon have their own mine in the games...

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    someone deleted the save data on your game? would you throw a fit?
    if someone just beat you 6-0, would you get really angry?
    there's a shiny pokemon that you absolutely must catch, so you go out of your way to get it by any means necessary.

Someone deleted my save file now, when I have beaten the E4 and done loads of stuff. yes. I think I have that right. Beaten me 6-0 someone beat me 6-1 ut yes I still felt a bit pi£&@d and embarresed because I don't yet understand EV's. Shinies I don't give a codswollop about. Yes they can be nice not to go out of my way for, BUT, when my mind is set on something, I will complete it. That though, to me, is not going out of my way, it is doing (even if it means months of work) what I have chosen as my task and I want too complete it. That is who I am. And I am not at all embarresed that I like it.

I think I have made my point =D

Back