• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do Pokemon eat each other?

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
Years
  • Well it's the natural order in life.
    But if that's the case, than Caterpie is screwed! XD

What do you guys think? Does Magikarp, Rattatta, Caterpie, and the rest of the gang get on the menu a lot?

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
  • Haha, yes they do! Animals eat each other, don't they? We eat the animals!
    So.
    Pokemon do too! That's just how it works! Human probably eat Pokemon, too!

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
  • So Pokémon bleed and die? ;__; My poor baby dreams have been shattered. This is scary.

Yeah... And if you watch PETA's 'If Slaughterhouses were made of glass, Everyone would be Vegetarian' thing, you would know exactly how Pokemon are tortured and killed before they are served onto your plate.

MDL

The Headstrong Rookie
    Years
  • reminds me of those creepy pokemon pics that cycled round at one point...

particular ones that burned into my memory: misty getting smothered and painfully dissolved by muk on the ground, and dawn & may being swallowed and digested by pokemon like seviper, snorlax, and swalot. Also, jasmine the gym leader being torn apart by a pack of houndoom with steelix perishing in flames in the background T^T

truly scary stuff...

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Pidgeot's PokeDex entry (for Red/Blue): "When hunting, it skims the surface of water at high speed to pick off unwary prey such as Magikarp."

Yeah, I think that answers your question of whether Pokemon eat each other. XD

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Might as well ask: do all Pokémon drink water?

So, which Pokémon eat the humans?

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • I thought that they only ate berries. *realisation* But then again, I've seen PokeDex entries of Flying and Bug types...

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
  • Of course Pokemon eat each other. Just look at some of their Pokedex entries. There's the one that Retribution mentioned, but more recently, look at Staraptor's Pearl entry:

"The muscles in its wings and legs are strong. It can easily fly while gripping a small Pokémon. "

Hm... Gripping a small Pokemon? What could Staraptor possibly be doing?

So, I guess that answers your question.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • According to Bulbapedia, humans did eat Pokemon in the old Sinnoh myths. I mean, in the episodes they ate meat. Pokemon were their animals, so they most likely eat Pokemon. But not nasty ones like Caterpie, I mean, we don't eat bugs. (Well, at least normal people don't. xD)

Geranyl

Resident Pikachu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2011
    Well, in one Pokemon Special/Adventures chapter (think it was Chapter 22) a bunch of Victreebel are seen eating up generic animals and presumably Pokemon, as they DO plan on eating Red.

A couple of scans:

Spoiler:

love how the Pidgebot has totally human AI, and that Red carries around soda for teh lulz

JezzaRules

Charmander Lover
    Years
  • Well it is normal...

Some evidence to prove this is that the pokedex entry stating the anteater pokemon Kuitaran eats the ant pokemon Aianto

Haberdasher

suffers from nostalgia
    Years
  • I think it's like the real world- some Pokemon eat other Pokemon (are carnivores), others eat only berries and the like (are herbivores), and others do both (are omnivores). Humans, being omnivores, also eat Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2010
    I wonder what a Pikachu would taste like then O__O
    Giant rodent... sounds not tasty at all.

I wonder if the Jewish trainers aren't allowed to eat Pokabu...

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
    Years
  • Of course Pokemon eat each other AND humans if there are no pokemon to eat. Like what is Charizard, Salamance or any extremely large pokemon have to eat. Bone covered in flesh lol! Damn, Wailord must of ate hundrands of Magikarps...Until it evolves in a Garydos. But still what ever goes into that mouth is gone for good.

Back