• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Do Pokemon Stay Shiny?

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2013
    Ok, well i was at Mt.Moon, well route 4 anyways in FireRed and i use VBA, so i was trainin my pikachu for misty and i came across my first shiny non hacked! So now it is in my pc and i want to level it up but i want to know, if i evolve it into a primeape will it stay shiny or go dull?

Tyranitar042

Tyranitar King
    Years
    • Age 34
    • US
    • Seen Feb 15, 2013
    I almost asked what shiny it was 8P but u r so lucky to have a shiny pokemon a had a shiny golbat and it evolved into a shiny crobat so no worries.

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2010
    It will always stay shiny unless you do something bad to your game or you restart it.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    Ok, well i was at Mt.Moon, well route 4 anyways in FireRed and i use VBA, so i was trainin my pikachu for misty and i came across my first shiny non hacked! So now it is in my pc and i want to level it up but i want to know, if i evolve it into a primeape will it stay shiny or go dull?
    It will stay shiny and train it too, because primeapes are strong. ;]

Kozoi

Mmmmm.
    Years
    I'm not a big fan of fighting Pokémon usually, but yeah. It does stay shiny no matter what, unless you hacked it.

The concequences of hacking shinies are ;

1. Your game will break, forcing you to restart it.
    2. You will recieve a 'Bad Egg' which will cause problems in the long run.
    3. It will turn dull or disconnect you upon ev.

Yeah, so if you didn't hack it then thats good. ^_^

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
    No, no it won't become normal.
    I must admit one thing though, this questions fills me with extreme rage every time somebody asks it. I'm not kidding. Evey time some one asks this question I want to punch that person in the face.
    It doesn't make sense emotionally nor logically so what I want to ask is:
    WHY WOULD A SHINY STOP BEING A SHINY UPON EVOLUTION?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Last edited:
    Back