• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] Do scripts and applymovement work over map connections?

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2023
    Let's say, as a hypothetical example, you wanted to recreate Bianca's "first step" onto Route 1 using a script. Does making a character move across connected maps crash the game? If not, does the original script continue execution once the player character/other npcs are in the other map? I'm not quite sure if the engine treats connected maps as if they are "actually there."

I'm actually researching this right now as you read, and will update the post with my findings soon. I just wanted to know if someone had already looked into this. I look forward to any discoveries others might post here!

Last edited:

Mr Ghost

oh no
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I had a script in a scrapped game a long time ago where a Machoke wouldn't move until you beat the gym, and I think when he ran up onto the other route he stayed there. It's just applying movement to the sprites themselves, but you would still have to put their scripts on the map that it started on, as it would still recognize it as a person event from that map.

Back