• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do think Brock will leave Generation 5?

Opinions

• Brock

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Dawn

Votes: 40 76.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    I have a theory based on this. If you notice they have a set trend. Brock and Misty journeyed with Ash in Kanto and Johto, Misty also journeyed in Orange Islands. Brock got gen 3 and 4 with small appearances from Misty. Now my theory is that they could possibly have Misty return for the next two gens(if a gen 6 ever comes out) and have a new male with small appearances from Brock. It would be better plus there is the chemistry between Misty and Ash....Pokeshipping XD

Sorry, in an interview with a person who works on the show said they'll never have Misty back in the main cast again.
    They keep switching girls to draw in male fans.
    Dispite how much I want Dawn to stay.
    I like the chemistry between DawnxAsh, just me though.

Semidos

Misty Fan Forever
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    Sorry, in an interview with a person who works on the show said they'll never have Misty back in the main cast again.
    They keep switching girls to draw in male fans.
    Dispite how much I want Dawn to stay.
    I like the chemistry between DawnxAsh, just me though.
    That interview was 3 or 4 years ago. They might change their minds.

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
    Years
    As the person above me said they may have changed their minds. Its possible that they will follow the theme they seem to have going or they could change the whole main crew and have 3 entirely new people with cameo's from Ash and the gang but who knows.

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    Seriously?
    It was during the time they were working on Dimond and Pearl.
    I dought things will change.
    But hey, if they change the whole changing girls every Generation thing and let Dawn stay and throw away Brock than I'm all for it.
    Guess will wait and see.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Personally, I'm rooting for both of them to leave.

Although, I know it won't happen.. only Dawn. xD;

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    As Orange Islands showed us, Ash is capable of fending for himself without brock.

Its true.
    Course Tracey was in place of Brock and fans whined about it back than.
    Which is why I think the producers/writers are afraid to replace him again.

Rettan

~Oddish_Smoker~
    Years
    I dont really know what to believe anymore, I mean Brock as been neglected in the Sinnoh region having only 3 crappy pokemon and nothing else, hardly ever battles, and hardly even has protagonism.

Years
    Most likely Brock will stay on. They did get rid of him for awhile, but he came back. I do wish he had a better character this season :/

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Its true.
    Course Tracey was in place of Brock and fans whined about it back than.
    Which is why I think the producers/writers are afraid to replace him again.

I honestly doubt that was the reason. If it was, they would have been fearful of replacing ANY of the characters without receiving backlash, never mind Brock. In other words, they would not have even dared to replace Misty if that was truly the reason.

Honestly, why isn't there a poll option for "both?" I know I want both to be removed.

missingnoresearcher

I like your bedsheets
    Years
    Unfortunately, like every region, Ash will dump Misty/May/Dawn/*insert name* and go with Brock (usually) to a new region called Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh/*insert region's name*. On occasion, Misty/May/Dawn/*insert name* will appear in a short arc but to displease Poke/Advance/Pearl/*whatever* shippers, they leave quickly as they came. Ash, being the pimp he is, will probably forget about Misty/May/Dawn/*insert name* and meet some new chick he randomly met that he decided to follow a total stranger. On the other hand, Ash always keeps Brock because they have FUn time he's a slave to Ash, cooking his food , giving pointless advice, etc. During the trio trip in Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh/*insert region's name*, viewers see Ash's crappy attempt at training Pokemon, Brock getting PWNED for hitting on women and an actual attempt for Ash actually get to know Misty/May/Dawn/*insert name* bonding and perhaps making Poke/Advance/Pearl/*whatever* shipping to seem almost canon but after Ash get all 8 badges and competes in the Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh/*insert region's name*'s Conference, he will decided to get rid of Misty/May/Dawn/*insert name* like the big pimp he is and continue a long, long cycle.

tl;dr Dawn will leave and Ash is a pimp.

Content from Sudeki included.

Last edited:

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
    Unfortunately, like every region, Ash will dump Misty/May/Dawn/*insert name* and go with Brock (usually) to a new region called Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh/*insert region's name*. On occasion, Misty/May/Dawn/*insert name* will appear in a short arc but to displease Poke/Advance/Pearl/*whatever* shippers, they leave quickly as they came. Ash, being the pimp he is, will probably forget about Misty/May/Dawn/*insert name* and meet some new chick he randomly met that he decided to follow a total stranger. After Ash get all 8 badges and competes in the Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh/*insert region's name*'s Conference, he will decided to get rid of Misty/May/Dawn/*insert name* and continue a long, long cycle.

tl;dr Dawn will leave and Ash is a pimp.
    I so agree xD, I bet he only keeps brock for the free food.

Jado

Two cookies for Dane <3
    Years
    As long as Ash is the series' protagonist, Brock will stay in his group.

Dawn will leave Ash's group by the end of DP. I can see her coming back for a few episodes in Generation V like Misty did in AG and May did in DP if Generation V's female character is yet another coordinator. Having Dawn appear in Generation V would otherwise be pointless, since the series would no longer be covering contests.

Years
    As long as Ash is the series' protagonist, Brock will stay in his group.

Dawn will leave Ash's group by the end of DP. I can see her coming back for a few episodes in Generation V like Misty did in AG and May did in DP if Generation V's female character is yet another coordinator. Having Dawn appear in Generation V would otherwise be pointless, since the series would no longer be covering contests.
    how do you know dawn will stay? nothing has been offically stated.

Jado

Two cookies for Dane <3
    Years
    how do you know dawn will stay? nothing has been offically stated.
    I said she would leave, not that she would stay.

In one interview, it was stated that the writers replace the main girl with a new one after each saga for the sake of providing young male viewers of the show with fresh fanservice (sexist, huh?). Like Misty and May before her, Dawn will leave at the end of DP and be replaced with another female character.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back