• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Do you actually trust Pokebank?

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2022
    It would stand to reason that these servers have backups, and considering that ALL your personal data is accessed daily from similar servers, the odds of a complete loss of data is highly unlikely. IMO you are equally likely to suffer from a corrupt save file as you are a server crash. I mainly keep all my pokemon on my cart just for convenience sake, since I do not have internet at my house.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I don't trust it in the slightest and I don't plan on using it again anytime soon, wish I had more reasons to use other than paranoia but it's a strong enough feeling for me here to feel justified in my decision in not going back after I used the free pass to transfer the bulk of my collection to my copy of Y.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Does seem a bit like a scam though, never cost to transfer pokémon to other games before

I never meant for it to be said to be a "scam"; Just asking whether every individual feel safe keeping their Pokemon in the Pokebank.

I trust them enough to transfer my Pokemon over for sure, but not keeping them in there, that is. I move them out as quick as I got them transferred.

I do understand the worry, though. There's a psychological reason for it -- humans tend to think that the unlikely thing can/will happen to them. It's the same reason why my mom is terrified of stepping onto an airplane (which has a low chance of tragedy), but drives around in a car all the time (which has a much higher chance of tragedy than airplanes).

This is so me :P

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • I don't really trust it. >_< But I don't use it or need to use it anyways so it's not really a concern I have that much.

Years
  • I wouldn't trust it, not after they took it down for long at the start before they made it available again. Must have been some serious stuff broken with it and probably still has some small exploitable stuff that hasn't been found yet.

Pinta77

I don't trust it.. and I have almost 900 pokemon. I couldn't believe how quickly I got that many pokemon... 4 boxes of scatterbugs!!!!!

Back