• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you beleive in ghosts

Years
    I don't believe in ghosts either.

That those who have 'gone on' would not affect us in any way. Even if they somehow were able to "roam" earth, of which of course, no evidence would be found.

Also I would never believe in the haunting stories, simply because 'haunting' implies a sort of 'ominous' control that would defy my religious beliefs...

^ You must have missed the mentioning of it then.

~I'm agnostic. I believe in spirits. Ghosts I doubt. As for the God thing, I was talking to this guy some years ago on the bus (local transit) and he reached for my hand as he said that "pray with me" thing. I now have a small egg shaped 'patch' just down a bit my left wrist where arm hair refuses to grow.

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
    I believe in supernatural thing.. But I don't believe in Aliens...

I believe in the Icelandic myths.. You know off Mórar, Huldufólk and Djáknin... ;)

I also believe that some people can tell our future by cards.. :D

Ageless Irony

MANIC SPAMMER
    Years
    I believe in one God, the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth, of all things visible and invisible.And in one Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, the only-begotten, born of the Father before all ages.Light of light, true God of true God, begotten, not made, of one substance with the Father, through whom all things were made.Who for us men and for our salvation, came down from heaven, and was incarnate from the Holy Spirit and Mary the Virgin, and became man.He was also crucified for us under Pontius Pilate, and suffered and was buried.And He rose again on the third day, according to the scriptures.And He ascended into heaven, and sits at the right hand of the Father.And He will come again with glory, to judge the living and the dead, and of His kingdom there will be no end.And in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, and Giver of life, who proceeds from the Father, who together with the Father and the Son is worshipped and glorified, Who spoke through the prophets.In one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church.I profess one baptism for the remission of sins.I expect the resurrection of the dead; and the life of the world to come.Amen.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    I believe in one God, the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth, of all things visible and invisible.And in one Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, the only-begotten, born of the Father before all ages.Light of light, true God of true God, begotten, not made, of one substance with the Father, through whom all things were made.Who for us men and for our salvation, came down from heaven, and was incarnate from the Holy Spirit and Mary the Virgin, and became man.He was also crucified for us under Pontius Pilate, and suffered and was buried.And He rose again on the third day, according to the scriptures.And He ascended into heaven, and sits at the right hand of the Father.And He will come again with glory, to judge the living and the dead, and of His kingdom there will be no end.And in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, and Giver of life, who proceeds from the Father, who together with the Father and the Son is worshipped and glorified, Who spoke through the prophets.In one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church.I profess one baptism for the remission of sins.I expect the resurrection of the dead; and the life of the world to come.Amen.

tl;dr

As for the interesting stories, I've always kind of gone with the "it's all in your mind" philosophy. Every story I've ever heard can be easily disproved; I think ghosts are a product of fantasy and always will be. >.> But that's just me.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    I do and I don't See, it goes against what I believe in order to think they don't but I usually don't believe something like that until I see it for my own eyes.

Ageless Irony

MANIC SPAMMER
    Years
    Cool story bro. My deity is cooler, though; he isn't made of wafers and wine, but delicious spaghetti. Can we stay on topic and not try to derail this into another pointless religious debate?

I posted the nicene creed as a joke. Jeez, I honestly wasn't expecting anyone to take me serious. O wellz.
    *Insert obligatory joker 'why so serious' here*

Also the spaghetti monster crap is so 8th grade.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    I don't believe in ghosts as the traditional horror movie stereotypes, but I do believe that certain events can leave a strong emotional connection behind in a place. For example, when my History class visited in the Allied graveyard in Belgium, it was very peaceful and serene. Everybody felt really chilled out, and we actually stayed longer than expected because it was so gentle and nice there. But the German graveyard? It was mass-grave (the French just took all of the bodies and shoved them in a pit, then placed gravestones randomly on top of it) and it was just...horrific. Everybody felt cold and weird even though it was a bright, sunny day. Even our teachers let us leave after a while because they were too spooked to stay. It just...felt evil there. :O

There was also another time, about three years ago, when two friends and I found a raven with a damaged wing in a field behind the local church. There's a veterinary practice two doors down from there, so we tried to walk through the graveyard to get to it. And as soon as we passed through the gate into the graveyard, the raven went absolutely scatty, trying to scratch me and get away from me. So we stepped back out again, and it went completely calm. We tried to go into the graveyard twice more but then gave up because each time the raven began panicking. It was really weird. ._.

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
    Years
    I've never had an experience with one before, and therefore have no true influence to sway on that matter. I'd like to say that I'm open to the belief of paranormal, so I'm fairly neutral. However, I have to say that some of the ghost stories told by people - even if they are fake by the awareness of the storyteller or not - are quite unnerving to me.

Back