• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you believe in death?

Do you believe in death?

• Yes

Votes: 25 65.8%
  • No

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • This is too philosophical for my weakling brain

Votes: 4 10.5%

• Total voters
    Years
    "Charmander"

Course I believe in Death, I mean, its when you get killed or pass on XD, no matter what you think happens, reincarnation, Heaven and Hell and what not, there is a death, the death part of it is your previous life coming to an end, that IS death.

But as for just dying and that being it, well, I don?t necessarily know, BUT I don?t at this moment believe you can just not exist, I believe in spirits and an after life, though I don?t exactly believe in Heaven and Hell...just have to wait and find out!

(Charmander and Cyndaquil thing is a dare XP)

"Cyndaquil"

usami

biohazard
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Iowa
    • Seen Jun 2, 2024
    I belive in death because, really, no matter what you will die, even if you did go to some other life form after death, you would have had to die in the first place.
    [not entirly sure if that made any sense XD]

ShadowEmperor93

Master Trainer
    Years
    Cybex Mewtwo said:
    Death is inevitable, so believe in it and live your life until it knocks on your door...

Inevitable................................. i'm not sure if that's inevitable but you definitely can tell that to someone who doesn't believe in death. Good Message!!

Years
    "Charmander"

Cybex Mewtwo said:
    Think about it. Everything has to have an end. Once they start they must end at some point.
    That's not necessarily true, for all we know, life could go on forever in the form of another, in the form of a soul or simply just living off of memories or dreams. Death is something we will never know about in till it...like CM said 'Knocks on your door'...in till then we will not know, but no one who lives will ever know what lies when death consumes you.

Think about this, we may be born as someone or something else but not remember our previous life, so in that way, no one will ever know what happens.

EDIT: Shadow, do not double post

EDIT AGAIN: 1000 post!

"Cyndaquil"

Cybex Mewtwo

Someone's angry. :/
    Years
    That's not necessarily true, for all we know, life could go on forever in the form of another, in the form of a soul or simply just living off of memories or dreams. Death is something we will never know about in till it...like CM said 'Knocks on your door'...in till then we will not know, but no one who lives will ever know what lies when death consumes you.

Think about this, we may be born as someone or something else but not remember our previous life, so in that way, no one will ever know what happens.
    That may be true. All I know is that this is what I believe in. I also believe in life after death/reincarnation, but these are lives anew, and not as continuations of the old.

locke_alvein

Browncoat
    Years
    I think death is not the end but the what happens after wards is inchomprehedible and thats why we can never figure it out. but I think the human soul(or whaterver yo call it) is the only self prepetual machine.

Years
    "Charmander"

Cybex Mewtwo said:
    That may be true. All I know is that this is what I believe in. I also believe in life after death/reincarnation, but these are lives anew, and not as continuations of the old.
    Fine by me, dude. I just state my beliefs and argue with others XD, I don?t try to change views, that?s down to the person. I to sort of believe in reincarnation, like I said din my previous post of coming back as someone or something else and not remembering your past life, that is the only way reincarnation could happen, because if it did not everyone would know what happens after death XD...unless we all come back as Animals and simply cannot speak the truth to humans.

"Cyndaquil"

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    I believe that the meaning of life is death. Why, you ask? Because, everything dies. Humans die. Animals die. Plants die. Heck, even televisions die. Or stop working, if you will. In other words, yes, I do believe in death. For a human to die, their soul must depart with their body. I also believe in reincarnation, and for a human to be reincarnated, their soul and body must be separated.

Now, this is just my opinion, but if anybody wants to turn this into a debate, be my guest.

Years
    "Charmander"

Usohachii_Pot said:
    Time never 'ends'. Gods do not 'end'. Daemons do not 'end', unless they're destroyed somehow. Souls do not 'end'.
    But how can you be sure that all of these exist in the first place? You do not know what a soul exists, though Time may go on forever as it seems, your life may not...I have different views on the subject of death, because as everyone else, I am not sure what EXACTLY hapens after death.

"Cyndaquil"

locke_alvein

Browncoat
    Years
    Well personally i believe in reincarnation ,only because im scared to die(most people are no use denying it). my theory comes from the watchmaker theory about god(or a god) that we must have creator. Because a watch cant just create itself something had to have made it. (us being made by a god.)But the watch cant comprehend the existence of its creator.(neither can we, we can only guess) thats the type of thing i mean withe life after death stuff.Maybe our soul is just broken up and reused(like a broken watch being used for spare parts) reincarnation.

Years
    of course you die wether or not you come back can't be proved because nobody can come back from the dead

Back