• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you believe in magic?.

Ever believed in the word "magic"?.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    I kinda do like god can turn nothing into the world and that kind of stuff.

Years
    I tried being Wiccan for short time (don't ask) and I suppose you could say I believed in magic then. I don't believe in it anymore, but I do believe in the Doppler effect which is the first step toward showing that the universe is expanding and that it is about 14 billions years old which means that we can only see what exists within 14 billion light years of Earth and that there is no way of knowing what exists beyond that limit. I'm fairly confident magic doesn't exist there, but it's fun to let your imagination run wild sometimes.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years

I just meant alchemy in general. Turning one substance into another (random example: Silver into Gold), that sort of thing.

Isn't turning one substance into another technically possible through radioactivity? o_o

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    This thread has generated a lot of discussion for just being a thread in Other Voting Polls, since this forum is usually used for threads with simple answers. Granted these are simple answers, a lot of users show interest in actually discussing the belief of magic and its turned into more of a discussion thread than anything.

I'm going to leave the poll up so people can continue to vote on their opinion, but seeing as how discussion has come from this topic, I'm going to move it to Other Chat, where threads with such discussion are often kept. n_n

Years

Isn't turning one substance into another technically possible through radioactivity? o_o
    That I'm not sure about, but alchemy also involved a bit of the "Earth, Fire, Water, and Air" elements idea, which is not actual chemistry. I won't delve too much into it now since alchemy's not really magic per se, but rather philosophy and pseudoscience.

ÇyänïdëÉX

Dr.banana
    Years
    Nah its all a sleigh of hand or smoke and mirrors. Nothing like that any more. I don't remember if as a kid i bought into it much.

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
    I guess I would say I believe in "magic" But I wouldn't really call it that. I'm just one of those people who are open minded about everything. And There is the Wiccan magic out there, stuff like that. And I do believe in it.

Rolling Pichu

IV XV VII
    Years
    I guess I would say I believe in "magic" But I wouldn't really call it that. I'm just one of those people who are open minded about everything. And There is the Wiccan magic out there, stuff like that. And I do believe in it.

Open-mindedness is one thing and naiveté is another.

Now, I'm not accusing you of anything, I'm not entitled to... I just hope people know enough about Wicca to believe in it (and what it implies) more than Wikipedia would tell anyone.

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    I don't believe in magical spells and wizards, but I do believe in a "feeling" or "presence" of magic when in a certain state of mind.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    oh my god what's with all the friggin' titles with crappy grammar in them?

And yes, I do. Though I don't consider it magic. I believe in hypnotism and all that stuff, but not like making a rabbit appear in a hat.

Back