• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you ever enter lotteries/raffles/draws?

Druid

she's not anyone...
    Years
    So, as the title says, do you? I sometimes enter raffles if it's for a good cause, but I mostly shy away from that kind of thing because usually you just end up spending a lot of money for nothing. How about you? :O

Also, if this thread already exists, I apologize.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    Nope. Big waste of money, and my money is precious: I never have much of it. :/

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I do if I ever find money on the ground or something like that (and only if there is no possibility of finding the person who dropped it.) Never with my own.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    Apparently you have more chances of getting struck by lightning (no not the admin) than winning the lottery? :|

Raffles and draws are fun to enter, since most of the time they're for good causes. But the lottery, usually my dad's the one who enters the lottery, but he comes to me for numbers, though I usually just give him birthday dates. Annnd he hasn't won anything, so I guess I'm not much of a lucky charm. :<

scratchies are fun to play though. (b'-')b

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    For religious reasons, I avoid entering any lotteries. Lotteries come under gambling, and gambling is a sin in my religion, for obvious reasons.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Well, no. Unless I can enter just for buying something, because then I will have a reason.
    But otherwise, I don't because I have a one in a million chance...

Poffin

Legendary Trainer
    Years
    I never enter them for some reason, I know I'll never win, it's wasting money.

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
    I buy lucky dip Lotto tickets or scratchcards for my cousins on their birthdays, but that's about it.

I also enter raffles if it's for a good cause like our church, village hall or children's playing field funds.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    the only time I enter those is the following:

1.) I'm not paying for it
    2.) I steal a ticket
    3.) its free

Yea, thats about it, I'm not going to pay all of that money on something about luck

:t354:TG

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
    To be fair, if you play our National Lottery with Lotto tickets, it only works out about $4 (USD) a week.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I don't, but my dad does. It's only about $3-$4 every two weeks.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    I enter them if I can enter for free. XD I wouldn't enter the lottery or anything.

Apparently you have more chances of getting struck by lightning (no not the admin) than winning the lottery? :|

Wasn't there some politician that won the lottery 3 times? XD

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
    Oh you mean the stupidity tax? I never enter because you have a better chance of seeing pigs fly than getting the money. I don't see a point in doing it if the odds are next to zero.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
    No. I don't like the idea that my money can be wasted so easily based on luck. Needless to say, I'm not a gambler. XD;

Years
    You can't win if you don't enter. I would, but I'm 17, so... I legally can't play the lottery, yet. XD

Also, scratch-offs are great. :D I expect to have a gambling problem sometime in the near future.

Back