• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you ever play as your other gender?

Do you play as your other gender?

• Total voters

irishjay1

Don't mess with me.
Years
  • I play as a male character because im a male. Whats the point of playing the oppisite gender of yourself?

レイジングブラスト

Back after a short break
    Years
  • I find myself playing as Dawn or Leaf/Blue and May a lot. I never use Lyra though because I'm not too fond of her for some reason. I usually play as the dude when I first get a game but this time when I get White I'll be playing as White for my first playthrough.

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2012
    I usually play as a boy because all of the girls IMO look like crap - they're pidgeon toed, massive weird hair, and generally look stupid. Lyra's overworld sprite looked like her body was the size of a pea and her head was an orange. No, I don't want to walk around Johto and Kanto with that.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Heck yeah!

I love to play as the opposite gender these days. Honestly, I don't really see why people should feel uncomfortable in doing so...it's a small element of gameplay but sometimes it's fun to see how the script differs and how people treat the characters. Of course, I'm an actor-ish type of person, so I can really get into both the male and female roles well and just ~play along~.

To everyone who doesn't like it, I say you should try completing the game once with the opposite gender character. Playing part of the way through and restarting doesn't count as "trying it". :/

Snopes

Veteran Newblette
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2011
    I only play as my gender since I was forced to play as a boy for R/B/Y and G/S ^.^

cyan.

▲ 愛してる .
    Years
  • I love playing as my other gender! It's nice to see what its like being the male player. (:

(and also cause the male looks better lol)

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    I never restrict myself from playing opposite gender in any game. especially if the female character have a good looking for me. So, probably I'll never play as female in B/W.

Artemis Enzeru

Neo-Human
    Years
  • In every Pokemon game I've played so far, I've played with the male character. The only reason why I do is because I dislike how they design the girls and nothing more. I mean, I've played Bayonetta,Final Fantasy, and other RPG's and fighting games where I've had to or chose to play as girls. So why should I be uncomfortable playing the role of a girl in a video game? I think people who are uncomfortable playing different genders need to remember in the end that's it's a game, and the fun part of playing video games is experiencing things that you haven't before. Then again, the same could be said of life, but that's another story.

Back