• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you fear death?

Years
    At this current moment in time, I don't fear it in the sence that I am petrified by it and I will not do anything risky, like cross a road XD

However, if I was faced with a situation where my life was on the line, yes, I think I would be scared. I think it is a normal human reaction.

If I am old and dying, then I will fear death.

Death is unknown and the human mind does not like the unknown. I often wonder what is after dying. Is it just like sleeping? But not waking up. I find that hard to believe. I don't mean I don't believe in death, haha, I mean I find it hard to get my head around it.

When people go to sleep, unless they dream, it feels like you have just closed your eyes and it feels like it has gone quick. So imagine not waking up. It is just weird XD

That is my view on it anyway...

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    I believe the people I want to know about this subject already know about the answer.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Death is stupid. No matter what you do your going to die anyway, so why be afraid?

Years
    Death is stupid. No matter what you do your going to die anyway, so why be afraid?
    Yes, that is true. However, people still fear it for good reasons.

I fear not being able to see the people I love, no matter if I am going to die anyway or not. It is still a sad thing.

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
    Guh. I feel somewhat pathetic after reading these answers. To put it simply, right now, I am scared of death. Okay, so's there no escaping it, I know that. How is that supposed to help me overcome the fear, exactly? I have a feeling once I achieve what I want to and live to a ripe old age, I'll be a little less scared. But... ugh. It terrifies me. I'm not going to be paranoid and live my life in fear, but I certainly don't want to go out before I'm ready (if I ever am, anyways). This also seems eerily similar to the thread I just posted in in Other Chat...

For that response, click here.

Years
    Guh. I feel somewhat pathetic after reading these answers. To put it simply, right now, I am scared of death.
    You're not pathetic at all. So don't worry.

Like I said, everyone has a different attitude and take on it. Some take it like water on a Duck's back. Others fear it for their life, and others just get on with life, knowing it is inevitable, but there is nothing they can do about it.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    No, not at all. I'm really not bluffing, as I believe that there's life after death. I'm not afraid of death itself. Rather, I'm afraid that I haven't lead a fulfilling life that will grant me a place in Heaven. Imagine having to spend a thousand years suffering in Hellfire.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    As long as I've positively impacted peoples' lives and lived life fully and not like some old hermit loser, I don't think death is scary. Besides, I know there's something after death that is better. :>

Either way, if I was going to die tomorrow, I'd probably be pretty "whatever" about it. I am not much on showing how I feel or letting things get to me anymore. Kind of a bad trait. XD;

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Not really. Everyone has to die anyway. So, instead of worrying about death, enjoy life while one still can.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I cannot hide it. I am afraid of death. I am afraid of what will happen to me and what will happen to those I love. I am afraid of the possible feeling or pain that I could experience during death. I also fear of dying in vain.

Yes, there's no point in avoiding it, because death will come to all of us, but that means that we can't just sit around and let it just strike us now. What I'm really saying is that I am afraid of not fulfilling all the things I want to do before that moment comes. It's just life goes too fast and one might able catch it by the tail.

Fire Eagle

The Pokemon Legend
    Years
    I do fear death. When I'm at my moms and dads in Minneapolis, I'm usually in the ghetto area or the poor and bad area. During the days I'm safe, but at night I'm scared to get shot or stabbed when I see some of the people.

*hylian*sakura*

Rawr~ =3
    Years
    I'm not afraid of death. At all. I know what's gonna happen to me when I die so I have nothing to be scared of.
    And just think like this: If you don't believe in life after death, how can you be afraid of it? I mean, if you think you just die, it's not like you can regret anything or even remember your family or friends to be afraid for them.
    And if you do fear it, that means you're worrying about where you're going, right? So you should find something you can believe in instead of just worrying.
    Just a thought.
    I'm NOT poking fun at anyone's fear or anything.

pokerus34

Labyrinthine Rhapsody
    Years
    If you are a suicide bomber, a holy man or a guy with no future, you don't fear death... Haha! Just Kidding...

I am really afraid of death. If i can't stand watching an accident in the TV, how much if i see myself dying?

That's why I'm really aware with my surroundings, the news and people. XD

*hylian*sakura*

Rawr~ =3
    Years
    Well I mean, I suppose I could be afraid of pain. Which I could have pain while dying. But everyone is basically afraid of pain. Most normal people don't enjoy being hurt.

AuraAshley

Wê'll §†å¥ £ðrêvêr †hï§ wå¥
    Years
    Actually im quite scared of death. i just hate the idea of dying and nothing happening after we die; sort of like our lives are meaningless. i just hate that idea.

Back