• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you find Pokemon more interesting than animals in the real world?

Years
  • What do you think? I think not, as cool as Pokemon are I think real animals are better, and safer lol.

Years
  • Pikachu is WAY more interesting than a regular mouse. But there's the whole 'shocking you to death' thing, sooo.... Dx

Ayselipera

Pokemon are pretty cool, but real life animals are way more interesting. Whenever I'm poking through little Pokemon facts and information I'm never shocked or amazed by anything I learn. Mainly because I know they're not real so there's nothing to be taken aback by to begin with. When it comes to real life animals I'm much more interested. Learning how certain animals adapt, find food, defend themselves, and just survive in their own habitat is way more exciting. Life on Earth never ceases to amaze me.

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Real life animals. When you see a Pokemon that looks like nothing of this world, you just shrug it off because most Pokemon look that way. When you see an animal like that it's way more interesting to know that something of that appearence exists. Plus I think Pokemon need better stuff to base their Pokemon off of. I mean, there are so many interesting creatures in this world to base a Pokemon off of, and yet we are just getting a zebra.

Kelp

<3
    Years
  • Dragons. 'Nuff said.

But in reality, I do find pokemon cool, due to the fact that of the 650 or so, there are quite a few inaminate objects that are "alive" in the games. But these obviously aren't animals.

A lot of the pokemon as I interpret them are hybrids of already existing animals. But that being said, there are quite a few animals Game Freak hasn't used yet. More specifically there are quite a lot of creatures where sunlight can't hit that I find quite interesting. *cough*vampireoctopus*cough.* x)

In a nutshell. Real>Game. But I give props to the franchise for coming up with some innovative creatures.

Bellacrose

Lover of Wartortles
    Years
  • Definately real life animals. There's something more thrilling to people, or so it seems, about wild creatures they can't keep or see often. Especially exotic and rare animals and such. The first time I saw a blobfish I thought Squidward had come to life. o_o I was like wat

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • I'd say that Pokemons are definitely more interesting than an ordinary animal. In the end, a 10 ft. lizard that can shoot up fireballs and fly will always attract my attention more than that tiny salamander without its tail. However, that doesn't mean that real-life animals aren't interesting. Some are extremly fascinating, like the dolphin and panda bear.

However, I just find Pokemons more exciting than real-life animals. They say the original is always better, but I disagree.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Pokemon, definitely. You don't see a mouse that discharges electricity every day. The same goes for turtles with cannons on their shells.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Heh, I think everyone else with agree and say pokémon are more interesting than the normal animal. Pokémon have much more cooler moves, like breathing fire, shooting water etc... I wouldn't say normal animals can be said as safer, pokémon are based somewhat on animals so I say a magikarp would be as harmless as a normal fish. A entai would use crunch on you the same way a Lion would rip off your head xD

L5Animations

Gamer & Shiny Hunter
    Years
  • I think Pokemon is the answer here. If you live in this world, and you walk outside and see a bird sitting on your porch, you're like "oh look...a bird." But in the Pokemon world, if you find a Starly on your porch, you're like "Wow, look! A Starly!"

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2011
    Your actual animal kingdom/web of life, for definite.

Fooor example: cordyceps fungus (worse than science fiction, but essential to balance in the rainforest), the "immortal" jellyfish, fungus being the largest living organisms -- and allowing plants to communicate with each other and warn of infection, even across species! The titan arum corpse flower heating up and "pulsing" to release its rotten scent and attract insects. Orchids that trick wasps into thinking they're a female wasp to get them to pollinate them... Giant earthworms, and clams that live for over four hundred years. Salp colonies. The blue whale having a heart the size of a small car. Orca having, effectively, names, and a sense of culture - they teach each other, and learn. Heck, even mother hens correct their chicks if they think they're doing something wrong -- they learn so quickly. AND they're the closest living relative of the T-Rex. : D

This world trumps pokemon everytime. It'll never be anything more than a brief, sketchy shadow of a copy with a good dose of human imagination. And that's without bringing in the real cuties of the animal kingdom.

Satoshi_poketo monsta

Pokemon Master.
    Years
  • Not much to say. I love both Animals and Pokemon. But yes, I find myself Pokemon are way more interesting. I like how those creatures has each super powers such as Fire, Electric, and such. Kinda fun to adore them, as well as command them to battle. Especially taking some Journey with them come along. They're pretty much helpful to me.

Moonlord

The ........MewTwo
    Years
    • LA
    • Seen Feb 6, 2011
    I think real life animals are way safer, but....if pokemon were in our world with our other animals today, we just know that pokemon would PWN them. ;)

Chaos Uxie

Spreading Chaos....
    Years
  • Real animals are totally good Because i dont want giratina or any >unkown< wrapping me to another dimesion and spending my whole life in there XD

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    If pokemon were real, they'd definitely be more interesting, but since they're not, animals.

Back