• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you get emotionlly attatched to your Pokemon?

mrplanters

The new meaning of legend
    Years
    LOL that's pretty mean, even if they aren't real. XD They helped u get that far in that game and then u just throw them away for new ones? n i thought i was mean. :P

Well now I feel liked. Hey I didn't say I hated them, but I'm just not attached to them. Sure if it was a shiny I would keep it but normally for a regular pokemon I just erase them when I start a new file. Sometimes I transfer my team poke's to my sapphire version. I like them as much as, "Oh you look cool" or "Your a good battler" But really nothing more than that. Me and my pokemon aren't friends, we don't connect.

Years
    I did get attached to my Typhlosion and Lugia on Gold Version. They're the only pokemon I've gotten to lvl. 100, and it was heartbreaking when I started up my game to finish off the rest of the pokemon I hadn't caught to only see
    NEW GAME
    OPTIONS

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    The same thing happened to me! In my Gold I had a lv. 90 Typholsion and one day when I turned on my gameboy... My game has been completely erased! I was like "Nooooooooo ;_______;" It is very disapointed when the pokemon you work hard for get erased D;

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2007
    I guess so, since I teared up when Tom, my prized Kyogre, in Pokémon Colosseum was deleted in A Memory Card corruption, which oddly enough on an unrelated note, my SSBM file survived.

I still miss him...I guess I do get emotionally attached to mah Poké's

Melody

Banned
    Years
    I am rather attached to all my pokemon. It is like a Jedi Battle Meld in a way...
    I dont mourn over them if they faint but If i lose them Forever i feel empty for a few days...

To love Your Pokemon is not silly and it isnt something you should hide. It is the mark of a good trainer and of compassion for others...

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2007
    Do you get emotionlly attatched to your Pokemon?

Those pixels on my game boy are more than friends to me. They are family. When there are family reuinions, I charge my Nintendo DS so it can be bright and people can see our whole family.

They are very important creatures to me, and I don't know what I would do without them.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Those pixels on my game boy are more than friends to me. They are family. When there are family reuinions, I charge my Nintendo DS so it can be bright and people can see our whole family.

They are very important creatures to me, and I don't know what I would do without them.
    Indeed. they are Important members of you family and they should be paraded as such. There is no shame in being proud of your pokemon just dont let it go to your head or you may succomb to evil...

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    I had this awesome Larvitar that would never evolve. Him and I were the best of friends. He was effing level 80 and he wouldn't evolve. Of course, I didn't have the national dex so no evolution for me. I thought he had his own personality :(

But my pokemon are my best friends. From my Gardevoir to my Altaria they're all special to me and I love them.

*goes into hiding with two years of food, charger, and gameboy*

CHaRiSMa

Watching Celty chase bad guys
    Years
    I'm not attached to them. I've grown dependent of my old Sceptile(Shikamaru) and Gardivaur(Sakura) and my old reliable Crawdaunt (Kenny), but I don't love them or anything like that.

Haha, interesting names, I like them XD

Well first of all I hardly ever play pkmn games. That's coz I don't own any (nor gameboy or computer) :((((((( If I do play them, I play the gameboy game ruby or firered which goofy_charizard_girl's little brother has. So I can't really say I get attached to the pkmn in the game since I play it so rarely. But if I did own a pkmn game, then I guess I would be attached in a way. I mean I would prolly be sad or angry if my pkmn lost and I would be really proud of my pkmn if they won.. but when I would end the game and restart it I prolly wouldn't have any hard feelings to delete my pkmn. I mean it's just a chance to catch new pkmn and train them :P

Animehero

Elite PKMN Trainer
    Years
    I hear you all! I didn't think anyone would understand! My pokemon are family as well. But only my bro feels the same.

Shorty

Years
    You are mean, remember you scared that rat off. XDD

More like it scared me off. Who's side are u on anyway!? XD if u saw that monster u would've screamed for your life too trust me! With that said i could prolly never be emotionally attached to a ratatta >_<

Hideki~kun

Platinum Addict!
    Years
    • Age 116
    • I
    • Seen Apr 10, 2009
    I'm have nightmares of my Emerald file getting deleted in 'em I'l like 'NOOO, MY UMBREON!!! MY FIRST LV100!!!' 0___o I can't reset games, cuz' when I do, even if I've traded the Pokémon over I look at the OT and I'm like 'I'm sorry you've lost your OT', xD My Pocket Monsters are like my babies, xD

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
    I don´t get attached to them in the games, because it´s just data.
    But if they were real, they would surely be great friends of mine, and I must say that with my intermediate drawing skills I draw my team over and over, playing with me, or battling, it really cool!
    Once i did me and my Typhlosion (Burninsoul) beating the E4, me and my Salamance (Menance) battling against other trainers, etc, and I love to do that, some times they look real to me. ^^

BUT, SADLY, they aren´t real so my real pet-like friend is my dog! XD

Last edited:
    Years
    Yes. I just love my Absol like crazy. I mean, gosh, it is my first professionally trained pokemon, plus I maxed out it's happiness. But then, well, I had to trade it to my LeafGreen because I started to hate Emerald. So, its happiness was reset back to 70. Gah it sucks.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    We communicate even when the game is off...what's that swampy?...oh Swampert says hi.
    I hear you all! I didn't think anyone would understand! My pokemon are family as well. But only my bro feels the same.
    I see my pokemon as part of my family. But in a passive way. I show them off to anyone who cares about pokemon...I dont want to show them to someone who desnt appreciate them. My swampert gets depressed when ppl say pokemon suck and that just makes my day go sour...
    I'm have nightmares of my Emerald file getting deleted in 'em I'l like 'NOOO, MY UMBREON!!! MY FIRST LV100!!!' 0___o I can't reset games, cuz' when I do, even if I've traded the Pokémon over I look at the OT and I'm like 'I'm sorry you've lost your OT', xD My Pocket Monsters are like my babies, xD
    I cloned my family on emerald. They will survive such a data disaster because i sent a clone of each one to my Pokemon XD Game. While they are cloned they are one. only when i lose every copy of a pokemon do i truly lose him/her...

Hideki~kun

Platinum Addict!
    Years
    • Age 116
    • I
    • Seen Apr 10, 2009
    I once cloned my Umbreon... Twice.
    It felt wrong though, so I dumped the other two in the box (I think, I hope) and kept my original in my party xD.

Crimson Arcanine

The majestic and mythical
    Years
    I get very attracted to my pokemon on my gameboy. Sometimes its feels like the spirits of my deleted teams are still around. Its like nearly every good pokemon I train is a part of my soul or something.

Years
    I get very attracted to my pokemon on my gameboy. Sometimes its feels like the spirits of my deleted teams are still around. Its like nearly every good pokemon I train is a part of my soul or something.

I feel the same way about my team. i sit there for like 5 min. on my PC having a hard time depositing one of my team members. i actually cried one time because i had start over my game.

Back