• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Do YOU Hate Him?!

Is Red very strong to you?

• He's a pushover; easy as ever.

Votes: 46 63.9%
  • Wow! A little more than I expected;not bad.

Votes: 20 27.8%
  • Ahhh!!!!!!!!! He's killing me!;impossible.

Votes: 6 8.3%

• Total voters

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    All his pokemon usually get massacred by my Ho-oh and Lugia, and I use any ghost type against Snorlax and take him down quite easily (I usually use Misdreavus though...I Perish Song Snorlax then switch out.)

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2006
    ah..... and well.... mewtwo dosen't really see play up against his blastoise.... for some reason, i think it has a chronic fear of them. it cannot fight a blastoise to save it's life. lterally.

Years
    OK, for all those who watch the show, Red resembles Ash and Blue resembles Gary. Will those two be where they are in three years? No one knows. Just refer those two as their 'colors'.

I don't know how Ash's been tortured by the dubbing. From all the Japanese episodes I examined, Ash doesn't seem to have changed all that much when dubbed. Oh, and May from the show is named May in the games if you're a boy, not Saphire nor Ruby. Those two names never appeared in the games.

Anyways, to get back on topic...

I knew that Red had a Pikachu and I knew I could easily beat it. So I played around and used Ho-Oh, but used a useless move. Red was smart enough to attack, so he ordered Pikachu to use an Electric attack (forgot which one). His Pikachu knocked out my level 100 Ho-Oh in one hit! My assumption... Pikachu was holding the all mighty Light Ball, doubling it's Sp. Attack, whick is high enough to compare to the legenedaries! Well, after that, I used my level 86 Raticate and beat the snot out of Red. Enough said.

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Why should I hate him? XD He's so darn easy. Heck, Lance had lower level pokemon and I had to go to him about 5 times to beat him. X_x;;

*dies*

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
    People found Red hard? I beat him with Team Uber (I name all my different teams, this is my arsekicker one), Charlie's Angels (Pure Flying), Eeveeolution (Pure Eevee and evolutions), Starters (Charizard, Blastoise, Venasaur, Meganium, Feraligater, Typholosion), Team Rocket (Meowth, Persian, Koffing, Weezing, Ekans, Arbok), Legendaries...You get the picture. He was pathetic

Years
    Poke'gangster said:
    I don't think red is a pushover. I also have a question?
    Do you have disabilities in the Poke'mon games.
    Your trainer dude never says a single word.
    Red doesn't say a single word eather!
    all Red says is .............................
    I really want to know wats up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Maybe you're shy in the Pokemon in the game?
    who knows?

Whoa!! You're right! I never noticed that before. Man, that's sad. Never even says one word. That's like... it's... ROAR!!

Why does he even have a phone. Now that I think of it, the caller hangs up before ASH gets to talk ><

Evee Trainer

Eevee Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2004
    His pokemon may be high leveled.. but they are weak!!
    Yeah Mewther's right! It's just like when you raise pokemon with rare candies. Theit level raises but their power isn't as effective.

Years
    To the people who think Red doesnt talk.

If you go to the Copycats house (in r/b/y versions, dont remember if it applies g/s/c too) you'll notice that she mimics what you say, for example the first sentence she mimics is
    RED: Hi do you like Pokemon?
    So i dont think the Hero has disabilities

pokemon master keto

master of pokemon member
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2004
    heh!he was hard at first but now he's a easy char!he is ash and blue is gary!it's true!any way my best pokemon then was my lugia with zap connon and giga drain and fly and......i forget!but he beat pikachu!had trouble with snorelax but charzard was easy!oh thats right my other move was hydro pump!

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I've only attempted him twice, then got bored and started a new game...(I always get bored and start a new game XD)

I lost both times because all 6 of my pok?mon were level 57-59 X.x

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    with the exception to crystal battle tower at the low levels (they have an advantage because you can't stat. exp train that easily at with a cap of lvl 30, and they're max stats, fully stat.exp trained), all of them are very easy as long as you're willing to train.

Poke'gangster

Banned
    Years
    To the people who think Red doesnt talk.

If you go to the Copycats house (in r/b/y versions, dont remember if it applies g/s/c too) you'll notice that she mimics what you say, for example the first sentence she mimics is
    RED: Hi do you like Pokemon?
    So i dont think the Hero has disabilities

You're right dude!
    But I got another mystery....
    How can you barge into peoples houses like that?
    I'ts like this....
    Guy:Hey get out of my house
    Trainer:huh?
    Calls police...
    But hey!!! there are no police in this game
    ?????
    and no Red is not a pushover for me

Porygon

Banned
    Years
    I beat him with L57s.

And I've noticed, also, that in alot of RPGs [at least those that I've played], the MC is seemingly mute [Chrono Trigger's Crono, anyone?]. Hmmm? weird? *wants there to be more dialogue with RPG MCs*
    *starts a petition*

Back