• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you have a HM slave?

wee187

Beat 358/2 Days on 10/5/09
    Years
    Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. Usually if I do, I have more than one HM Slave though, as obviously one cannot hold them all.

.Chocolate.

n_n no.
    Years
    I ALWAYS get HM slaves because I can't take it when my Charizard still has a newby move like Cut on his moveset.>:
    On Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, I had either a Bibareal or a Mew (<cheated in case of laziness) as my HM slave.:3

Obi-Wan Jerkobi

Great Party!
    Years
    I have never used them up until when D/P came out! It was so tough to keep a level advantage and I needed to use every single move slot or else I would get beaten constantly. I did catch a Bibarel after the 3rd gym and use it as an hm slave. :( I wish I didn't have to, but the game's main story is much tougher for me than before.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    I have a starly that I used to use often just for fly. But then I started using Wingull and starly is no longer my flying pokemon.

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    In Silver, I use Lanturn. Surf+Whirlpool+Waterfall+Flash = the original Bibarel.

PKFL_531

What do you expect?
    Years
    POLIWRATH and CROBAT. They were good HM slaves in Firered/Leafgreen.
    LINOONE and SWELLOW. Swellow was just for fly. I also used TENTACRUEL for water-based HMs and ABRA for flash.
    BIBAREL and STARAPTOR. 'Nuff said.

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
    In SS my HM slaves are Bibarel and Charizard. It took me a little while to find two Pokemon that could learn all the HM moves.

Princess Pichu

Art is a flash of beauty~
    Years
    Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. In Sapphire, Linoone was my HM slave. Bibarel in Diamond/Platinum. But I try to teach the more important and common HMs to my main party, then I get rid of the moves before I fight the Elite 4.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    No, I usually like to have a full squad of six Pokemon, so I'll usually have the HM moves divvied up between them. Sometimes I will use a "temp slave" in the early stages until my team of six is set.

This is why the Move Deleter makes me happy. When I'm done with the "exploring the world" stage, I can get rid of the HM moves and replace them with actually useful ones :P

Years
    I usually do use HM slave, because my team does rarely consist of full 6 Pokemon, 6 Pokemon-teams are always underleveled, so i prefer having 2 or 3 stronger ones
    Starters, the early-game normal Pokemon (excluding Rattata), most water types and Tropius are decent ones.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I would use a bibarrel, but i only have 1 ds so i can't trade unfortunately.
    I have to use paras instead

Do you have a HM slave?
    Don't abuse paras like that! ;_;

How can anyone not use a bibarel in DPPt? Ugh, it's so perfect for slave and there are some crappy moves like rock smash that I wouldn't want on another Pokemon. PLUS waterfall and surf are both water and I wouldn't want to have two water moves on my Octillery.

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
    Do you have a HM slave? Why do you use this certian pokemon?

I transfered my Bibarel from platinum because it was such a great Hm slave! Now that i think of it, it can learn any HM move exsept fly... i think ^^".

Yep, Bibarel is a great HM slave. And yes, it can learn all HM moves except for Fly and Defog.

I had several HMs in my normal pokemon lineup before beating the pokemon league in Platinum:

Bibarel, HM Slave
    Rock Climb
    Rock Smash
    Waterfall
    Strength

Staraptor
    Defog
    Fly

Empoleon
    Surf

Sometimes I would use my old HM slave, a Bidoof, as it had Cut and I didn't have room for it on Bibarel lol

TEAM BLUE

Friendly Trainer
    Years
    I use Bibarel for a HM slave but i also use it for my adventure too.Well know i think i should use Tropius it could learn Fly,and every HM Except surf.I think.....

Ayselipera

For moves like Strength and Rock smash. Just cause I don't care for them much.

Years
    I sometimes to. Especially if its at the beginning of the game and I don't want to give a certain move to a Pokemon.
    I usually use a Bidoof or Zigzagoon.

Back