• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you have social anxiety?

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2021
    I have Avoidant Personality Disorder
    AvPD isn't social anxiety, but the behavior of avoiding people is the same

Emilia

~ free falling
    Years
  • i sure do, if i'm out of my house for too long i will literally freak out :x
    im def working on it, seeing a therapist and all but im still struggling

Years
  • Yes, it's practically a pre-requesite for this forum.

I really don't like crowded spaces. In the last apartment complex I lived in I often used the stairs because most people used the elevator, so I seldom ran into people by going this route. If I heard people talking in the hallway I would sometimes just wait on the stairwell for other residents to finish their conversation and go back to their rooms, just because I didn't feel like talking or seeing anyone. Shopping in congested areas and trying to move down narrow aisles and get around others is not fun. Meeting strangers bothers me, especially a lot of them first days at school or on a job always make my heart flutter and I try not to break out in a cold sweat. This is also the case online, I am uncomfortable with many people talking all around me at once as I would be irl and Discord was really annoying to me when I first used it for this reason. I do better in smaller settings or one on one with people I have known for years. I also like routine, don't come by my house unannounced because I might not answer the door if I am not expecting visitors.

It always surprises people when if I tell them that I was nervous about something because they can never read it in my face or body language or voice, I am told that I am calm and make others feel calm. I think I have just learned to endure things stoically, but often a whole sea of emotions goes on beneath the surface in me.

Despite all this, I actually like most people I meet, even though it might take me awhile to start hanging out regularly. I do things in my own time at a slow, measured pace and trying to rush me along would only alienate me. Sometimes I need to recharge after spending time with a friend, but I will always try to help others if needed, and my close friends and family members I will always be loyal to.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I was okay in school but I hated my Speech class because I hated having to give random speeches in front of people. I always tried looking at the back wall or picture everyone naked...lol. I use to hate the phone and having to call random people if need be. I think the only awkward thing now would be having a guy ask me out because I've never had a boyfriend before or would even know how to go about handling it.

Back