• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you hide your love of Pokemon from other people?

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Never. My friends and everyone in the world know that I am a proud Pokemon nerd! They always join in on my pokemon gushing lol.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
  • Nah, not at all. I'm guilty of geeking out whenever Pokémon games are released, for BW2 and XY's release dates, I painted my nails as Poké Balls like this lol (not my nails, but the exact same design. I sometimes flip it, though). One of the employees at GameStop freaked out and took pictures of them and everything when I picked up White 2 on the release date. It's all good fun.

Just wanted to quote this, I have never seen nails painted like that and I think I will try it.

Now on topic, I never hide it, I have a blastoise and a pikachu key chain that hang on both sides of my purse, I talk about it with any one that will listen.

CronicHigh

All hail lord Goomy
    Years
  • Absolutely not.
    I wear Pokemon shirts in public
    I play my 3ds in public
    I buy plushes when I can find them in public
    I read the manga in public
    I main Pikachu in SSBM.
    I have Pokemon related posters hanging in my room.
    I have my Pokemon related figurines on display in my room with my other knick-knacks

I am a 20 year old man btw.
    Embrace your love or don't love it at all.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I don't hide it, but the fact that I'm a fan doesn't always come up.

Though, sometimes if someone asks me what video games I play, or what I do during down time, I will literally just respond with a "Aah you know, sit at home and play Pokemon like the nerd that I am. -w-". That gets some laughs, and no one really seems to judge when it's worded in such a way. /shrugs

Years
  • I definitely don't hide it! I play it in public and will openly talk about it with anyone willing to talk about it with me. I still casually collect the cards off and on also and I get the occasional weird look at Walmart when I'm only buying Pokemon cards, but it doesn't bother me at all.

Haggerella

Captain Butts
    Years
  • It was weird, I always hid it in Highschool. It didnt stop me playing, but going to an all girls school was full of girls who cared about their appearance/boyfriend status more than their hobbies, and criticized anyone who didn't. But once I hit uni, suddenly it was cool again and I have not held back. I'm pretty much well known for loving pokemon the most out of everyone forever.

Except my relatives. They're too wrapped up in being srs bizne$$ adultz to remember what fun is

Back