• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you hug your IRL friends?

Caelus

Gone
Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I'm not the type that would hug people, and outside of family I don't think I've ever started one either, but if someone wants one then I'm open, even if doing it on a guy can be really awkward for me.

So yes.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Do I hug my IRL friends?
    No. That's because I don't have any.
    I love hugs, but in real life I'm not that close to anyone, and nobody is willing to exchange hugs with me anyways... :(

Come to think of it, the only person that comes to my memory of hugging in real life is my bro, and that's it... :(

Yes, because hugs don't cost anything to give and they're an expression of me being comfortable with someone. :D
    That's so true.

xD my whole school is like a hug orgy :p hugs all around ~(^n^)~
    I wish to join this school you speak of, lol. :)

Years
  • The laudable amount of testosterone coursing though my veins won't allow me to hug a guy.

Win.

Anyways, most of my friends aren't exactly the huggy type. I wouldn't say I am either. But there are some reaaally girly-girls who practically LIVE off the energy that hugs give them, haha~
    So if they want to hug me /for a valid reason/ (birthday, holiday, end of school, beginning of school, etc) it's okay.
    As for guys... kinda awkward, lol. I dunno why, but it feels weird, even though I know not all guys who give out friendly hugs are horrible pervs.
    But I generally turn them down with a joke. *squirms* D:

Years
  • Dunno about you, but I sure do. Usually it's on 'special occasions' like the last day of school or when someone's upset. ^^

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • ...not often, no. :( I will when it's appropriate, like when saying good bye for an extended period of time (most of my friends don't live near me anymore~) but otherwise I'm not really a touchy-feely kind of person. I don't show affection that much so random hugging is definitely out of the picture.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I hug them...but some people I just can't stand hugging, especially friends you don't talk to that much when you're trying to go to your next class. I also don't like it when people say hey in the hallway. I'm just trying to get to class...no hugs and heys for me, k thx.

Wink

Everyone loves a circus.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 24, 2010
    I hug my friends every now and then. Only usually when they/I'm upset.
    Otherwise we rarely do. o_o I'm not to bothered about hugging anyways. :3

michele

☮ & ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    of course i do. not like, EVERYDAY EVERY HOUR, but whenever it's necessary lol. xD

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
  • Yep, I hug my friends loads. I love hugs. They make me feel loved and cared for.
    Nothing wrong with a kind, caring and friendly embrace to show how much you care. ^_^
    (That being said, I don't really have any friends who are boys, so it might be different with boys. Meh, I dunno. XD)

xX

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
  • Uh, no. xD Funny this is a topic, today while waiting for buses after school my friend and I saw some friends hugging and she went "I wish I was close enough to my friends to do that." Most awkward moment, ever. I'm also just generally not that comfortable with being that close to people unless it's family, or a boyfriend or something. Strangely enough like the OP said, I *hug* all my online friends.

Back