• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you level up your pokemon together?

Do you level up your pokemon together or do you have one pokemon at a higher level?

• I level up my pokemon together

Votes: 29 78.4%
  • I usually have one pokemon at a higher level than the others

Votes: 8 21.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brittani

Pokefan for life!! (:
Years
  • I have noticed that some people like to have their starter pokemon (or any other pokemon) at a higher level than the other pokemon. this is how i used to do it but now i take turns levelling up all my pokemon to get them at the same level which is easier for me now. So i was just wondering, do you keep one pokemon at a higher level than the others or do you level up your pokemon all together?

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • I level them up together, yes.

I do, however like to have one Pokémon at a slightly higher level (Eg, if my team are all Lv 30-32, i'll have one at about Lv 33-35. It's usually my 'lead' or 'main' Pokémon or the one I consider my strongest attacker, and in most cases it's been my starter.

Reflux

Reflux
    Years
  • I raise them together to a point, then I get bored with it and Make my best one an UBER usually starter or Khangaskan sized poke.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    I level up in 5's, I find it better to keep my Pokémon around the same level so your not relying on a single Pokémon through the whole game.

Toxicroak

Mustard
    Years
  • I only level up 1 pokemon...
    the main reason is if i want to level up say a mareep, later down the track theres gonna be a lv 30 mareep/ flaffy waiting for me.

id rather just focus on 1 pokemon and have its level so high theres no need for other pokemon. and if the pokemon faints then i send in all my noob and HM slaves and sacrifice them so i can max revive my main.

now i have beaten Red ill raise more pokemon for my team..

i guess its good to raise lots of pokemon though, i went through the game so fast and easily. if i has a whole crew of weaker pokes it might be more of a challenge.

Plasmaniac

I has burritoes! Ajua!
    Years
  • I level them up together, but I always train 4 pokemon and leave 2 slots for hm slaves. Training 4 pokemon simultaniously is not that hard for me at least.

I like the feeling of a balanced team :P

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • I usually have one higher but not much higher.
    HGSS main team: Typhlosion 84 Miltank 82 Heracross 79 (This is probably considered together though)

loliwin

→ Level 69
    Years
  • Nope.

I can't bother to make my pokemon balanced because me going around one place for so many hours doesn't make it fun for me. :(

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Yes. I'm pretty anal about this when it comes to Pokemon games. My pokemon have to be within three levels of eachother at all times. >_<

shot571

the main reason is if i want to level up say a mareep, later down the track theres gonna be a lv 30 mareep/ flaffy waiting for me.

id rather just focus on 1 pokemon and have its level so high theres no need for other pokemon. and if the pokemon faints then i send in all my noob and HM slaves and sacrifice them so i can max revive my main.

now i have beaten Red ill raise more pokemon for my team..

i guess its good to raise lots of pokemon though, i went through the game so fast and easily. if i has a whole crew of weaker pokes it might be more of a challenge.
    couldnt have put it better myself. oh i havent beaten red yet :p thas cos i havent attempted him yet

Hantsuki

a little wolf inside a girl
    Years
  • I used to level up my starter only because I thought that's how you actually win. But now, I like a lot of Pokemon, so I always have a team of six Pokemon early in the game (I try not to replace any of them) and I level them up together. I do this by looking at walkthroughs that show the trainers with the Pokemon they have, so I can change my lead Pokemon to have type advantage. And if two of my Pokemon have moves that are strong against the Pokemon I'm going to battle, I usually choose the Pokemon that has the least experience so everything is leveled evenly.

Ayselipera

I level all six of my main party Pokemon one at a time in a rotation. Let's say my first two Pokemon are Bellsprout and Mawile and they are both on level 29. I'll first level up Bellsprout to 30 and then switch it out with Mawile who I'll then do the same thing with. Then just picture that over and over.

It's been my way of raising Pokemon ever since I played Yellow and encountered a guy in the game who told me I should raise all my Pokemon evenly. That was one bit of advice from the game that definitely payed off. I think he was from Fuchsia city, btw. :3

Anyways I've been doing it for so long that now if I play and one Pokemon is maybe two levels higher then the rest I feel like my party is a mess. Which then leads to me leveling up all the others in a rush. It's weird I know.

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
  • I didn't when I was younger but now that's all I do, which is a pain since I'm always catching so many Pokemon.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    No, I usually don't level up my pokemon at the same time. My starter is usually a lot higher than my other pokemon.

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    There's often a 3-5 level difference between my pokemon in the late parts of my games.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2010
    untill the e4 all my pokemon i level up equally, right before i take on the e4 there still all equal levels except for one pokemon of my choice and that would be at least 3 levels higher then the rest, and he would be like my 'last resort' pokemon and that could take on anything, usually this would be my starter but this time im gonna choose alakazam in ss because of its incredible sp atk and his moveset i got for him.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • I generally pick out my team before I even start. By the time I hit the Elite 4 I have 5 trained Pokemon. My back 4 pokemon are all the same level while my starter is 2-3 levels higher. After I beat the Elite 4 I don't really care anymore and generally two pokemon get levelled up high. :P

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
  • Usually I keep them at the same level. In heartgold I'm trying to keep them at the same level as each other, except my flareon who is aloud to be one level above, because he's awesome

Back