• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you like Ash?

Years
  • What are your thoughts on Ash as a protagonist? Are you happy he has stuck around for as long as he has? Would you keep or replace him if you were in charge of the series?

Years
  • I like him. His bond with his partner Pikachu is part of what makes the series, they complement eachother so well. I think Ash is likeable because of how brave and dedicated he is, he is full of love and always striving to be better. His goofy moments also make him a relatable protagonist. Who we would want to be is Steven Stone, Lance or Cynthia, but who we actually are is probably Ash more often than not. I don't mind him sticking around. Also he is subtly changing with time, though he still has growing up to do, he has grown in ways personality-wise and isn't exactly the same person he was when he started his Pokemon journey. I think it would be weird to replace him after more than 20 years, so I wouldn't drop him if I were calling the shots.

This is not to say however that I wouldn't be interested the journeys of other Pokemon trainer, or Pokemon researchers for that matter or contest coordinators and explore in-depth other facets of the Pokemon world. I think it would be cool to see a long-running spin-off series or movies about a character other than Ash. I tuned into Pokemon Generations, Chronicles, Origins, Twilight Wings and the Mega Evolution special, and they seriously whet my appetite for more. Featurettes like this are almost always really nicely-done, yet it is also a bittersweet experience because they are short-lived, over and done in a couple of episodes, while leaving so much of potential untapped. I'd love to see a movie or television show all about Red or Eusine or Jimmy or somebody new entirely, and think there's room for that while also continuing to follow Ash on his adventures elsewhere. The two are not mutually exclusive as I see it.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I like Ash. He takes care of his pokemon and he always helps his friends in difficult situations. He learns from his mistakes and he is never afraid.

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2020
    How can you not like Ash? I love how he cares for not only Pikachu but the other pokemon too.

Back