• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Do you like the fact that it's daylight all the time in Pokemon Emerald?

Sisyphaean

Run with it
Years
  • G/S/C is really old you can't play them on the DS so who cares about G/S/C anymore? (Besides you.)

Many, many people love GSC. It introduced a lot of cool new features, let you explore Kanto, and had some really classic tunes; just because it's old and can't be played on a DS doesn't mean that it's bad by any means. Some people like t's old style of play and graphics.

Anyway, more to the point. I'm fine with the eternal day; although a day and night system is nice and all, I don't take note of it much, or the lack thereof.

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    It seems like daytime, cause there is not day and night lighting system in emerald, but the is a clock which does keep track of time, for example the berry growth and stuff.

fade101

I rawr youu!!
    Years
  • Not really...
    I wish all the other pokemon games such as FR/LG, Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald had the day/night system... then it'll be cooler.

Johnnyboi

Street Pokéster
    Years
  • I loved the feeling of morning in G/S/C.
    Call me crazy, but I loved going out and battling with people I knew early in the morning. Especially with my Espeon, I loved the color schemes of the mornings in G/S/C, it filled me with this cozy feeling of adventure, haha.

super-7

Glaceon King of Glaciers
    Years
  • i do not like the fact that it didnt i was very disappointed with that but oh well it feels like a game boy
    colour game had more content then a GBA did G/S/C had way more then R/S/E

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    I don't which is why I prefer Pokemon Diamond over Pokemon Emerald.

I WOULD AGREE at the fact that emerald lacks night time, but diamond was based on emerald. & their are cool features on emerald that is not found on other gens....

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
  • I was kind of disappointed about the whole always daytime thing. I don't know what Nintendo was thinking when they took out that feature, it was what really made GSC stand out from RBY. Perhaps it had something to do with space limitations with the cartridge? I could understand that seeing as the sound effects were of higher quality, there were more sprites, and the music was more complex.

rememberTHISusername

mmmm I love chocolate!!! :D
    Years
  • I miss the night and day from GSC
    It was more realistic.
    I also miss being able to go to another region after beating all the gyms in Johto.
    I was expecting that you would be able to go to Kanto or Johto after beating Hoenn(sp?)

solopy567

Giga....Drill....BREAKER! !!!!
    Years
  • i think icomeanon6 hit the spot.

I think they considered putting it in, but with the limited space they had with all the new graphics, features and music they wasn't enough for it...There is a clock that shows time though

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    I loved the feeling of morning in G/S/C.
    Call me crazy, but I loved going out and battling with people I knew early in the morning. Especially with my Espeon, I loved the color schemes of the mornings in G/S/C, it filled me with this cozy feeling of adventure, haha.

If people call you crazy for that, they could call me crazy too. I know what you mean (it feels so real).

Back