• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Do you like the PokeTransfer in B/W?

D0N3GAN

Working on Pokemon White...
Years
    • Seen May 24, 2011
    The idea of the PokéShifter is awesome but coming to actually use it is very annoying I always seem to fail the first time around.

Rionix

My girlfriend is a crazy fox
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    I don't think I like Pokéshifter... My friend use my DS to play HeartGold version (I didn't have a chance to play 4th gen so skipped right at 5th gen). Then as I want to get his pokes in the older version, I can't if I don't have 2 DS... I wish they included a feature to upload it in their server then get it in B/W... :s

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    Well, it's not like there's any other way to do it. I agree about the items and HMs though. The minigame is fun and ridiculously easy. It's too bad you can't trade/send your Pokemon back, but that's logical, considering Unova Pokemon don't exist in previous games and it just wouldn't work.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • I actually like it. It takes a while to get used to, but it works in the end.
    But sucks about items, I had choice items and leftovers that I need to get again now they're stuck in another generation.

iTeruri

iAm
    Years
  • I was baffled when I first tried it and it said to use download play on the other DS. The most useful use of download play EVER! Didn't expect them to use it.

I don't mind the mini game. It's quite easy to catch all pokémon, though. Wished they made it a bit harder, so it would be more of a challenge.

Psyshock

Psychic Type Master
    Years
  • I like it and it's a lot more entertaining to me than pal park was in the previous games. I struggled the first few times but now I've got it down.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    I guess you're right. They could have easily, though, set up a website (they already did it with the Dream World) so we could "upload" our Pokemon to our website under our own account and then transfer them to Black and White.

Believe me. Much more creative ways could have been done rather than require that we buy an extra DS. I think it's safe to say that most (but not all) players only have one DS.

The same Dream World that was almost immediately overloaded with connections as soon as it launched, only to come back up a month later with heavy limitations implemented? It's a pretty good idea not to put your faith in Nintendo / The Pokémon Company when it comes to game-to-web interfaces.

Years
  • I miss Pal Park :/ I like how there is no transfer limit anymore, but now you can't transfer items. Also, that mini game is dumb.

Years
  • Personally I think it's fun >_> I like that there's no limit on how many you can send over like I was prepared there would be. I hate that you can't send over items though, I get the TM's thing since they changed the set up, but you should still be allowed to send over things like Master Balls or battle items...

Influential_Mew

EeVee Trainer
    Years
  • I don't mind it. I just hate the fact that held items are not allowed, but truth be told that it's resonable. Besides, I actually enjoy flinging those pokeballs at them. It's fun and quick.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    No it wouldn't, it'd just make the game drag on for ever, and make the transfer time annoyingly long. Also because the generic PC box interface was only designed for six Pokémon slots.

Zanitar

Blaziken in real life.
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2011
    Migration;How does it work?

Last generation had great migration from previous games, but from what I hear nintendo decided to be idiots and not let us migrate from GBA games.

Not only that, but I'd need to buy a second DS to migrate from Diamond or Pearl? Why didn't they just use the old system...?

None of my friends play pokemon D:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Last generation had great migration from previous games, but from what I hear nintendo decided to be idiots and not let us migrate from GBA games.

Not only that, but I'd need to buy a second DS to migrate from Diamond or Pearl? Why didn't they just use the old system...?

This comes under the thread that discusses the PokeTransfer, which covers whether it's a better method of migration or not, and is also a place for general complaints about the PokeTransfer. :) Also, this didn't really seem like something that'd belong in Quick Questions because it promotes discussion and such.

Merged.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015

Wait, what? You can migrate from Fourth Gen to Fifth Gen just fine, you need two DSes as opposed to one because unlike from Third to Fourth, the DS doesn't have two DS cartridge slots. It's completely understandable that you'd need to have two DSes, otherwise you can't have both games running at once.

Also, you can migrate from GBA games, just not directly. It has to go through D/P/Pt or HG/SS, then to B/W. All the fourth gen games were only compatible with the third gen. The third gen wasn't compatible with anything. The second gen was only compatible with the first gen. This isn't anything different. o-o;

Years
  • At the moment only used it once, but I just want to migrate some Pokémon, not play a game to get them. >_>
    And I really want to migrate some items from my Gen IV games, but I understand they don't want that everyone has so many Master Balls etc. from Emerald.

CptSwaggerPants

Hi, I'm John Wayne..JK, I CAMP
    Years
  • It's the lousiest and only part about Black and White I dislike. Honestly, I had to get my ex to do all the work for me...and do you know how many times he had to play it?? Haha, I had over 400 Pokemon I needed to migrate...

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • Not really since I had to buy another DS just to get my togetic Pala onto white.
    the Mini game is boring like others have said.

The Eagle

I choose Agumon!
    Years
  • Its gay cause i want my items ... -_-

Mewtwo and Arceus etc were easy to catch, its all about timing. I like it, better Minigame and no time restrictions :D

--
    Also, i think anybody who buys another DS just to transfer :
    A. Has NO LIFE
    B. More money than sense
    C. Is just idiotic, its JUST A GAME!

-

I have a friend and i nicked his DS ^_^

Mod note: Please don't use "gay" in that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Back