• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you listen to foreign music?

Do you listen to foreign music?

• Yes, because it helps me learn that language

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Yes, because somehow it sounds so cool

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • No, I don't like foreign songs at all

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, foreign songs make no sense

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    So long as they have nice tune, I do listen to foreign music, yes. Namely those that are from West Bengal. I don't understand the language too well, but still sort of do; have learned thanks to few of my friends I've made back in high school.

Of all Bengali songs I've listened thus far, one of my most favorites is known as Paran Jai Jaliya Re (in English, Heart is Set on Fire). Although some might consider it a little sappy for their tastes, I still believe it's pretty sweet, and things that they have going on are pretty uplifting in terms of mood and whatnot, if you know what I mean! As far as I know, this song used to be very in India back in 2010 or so.

Aside from that, I also like listening to Spanish music every once in a while, and sometimes Korean.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    It depends, but usually I like to listen to foreign language musics when they have a nice tune to ring in, plus I like how they sound like. And sometimes, when I listen to them, understanding the language make me appreciate that song even more.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Almost exclusively. I'm really into American poppunk and post-hardcore, but half my live is in English so that doesn't really count. I also listen to Japanese music, because those guys really know how to make music, and their scenes are way more active.

Years
    I listen to foreign music because I love listening to other languages, and also I like sort-of learning them through music. The main ones I listen to are ORANGE RANGE (Japanese), Korpiklaani (Finnish) and Rammstein (German). I also listen to loads of anime OSTs.

pkmin3033

These days, almost exclusively. I have a large collection of anime and video game related music, and a few albums from Japanese artists I've found by association along the way (ALI PROJECT, Kalafina, Akiko Shikata, etc) and liked the sound of. I also have quite a bit of German metal...a friend of mine introduced me to Rammstein about a decade ago now, and from there I kinda...branched off a bit. There is just something about German vocals that is suited to metal in my opinion.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
    Ya some spanish with listening exams by learning them from the songs plus they sound really great.

Back