• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Do you miss the older generation Pokémon?

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Yes and no. I do miss the older pokemon, of course I do. There are still many Pokemon from the older generations I am yet to use. However, having all new Pokemon did make the game feel fresh and new. It injected life into the franchise. Including a handful of old faces alongside all these new ones would've just made the game feel old and failing. So I'm glad there were no old Pokemon.

jimbozo21

Veteran Pokemaniac
    Years
    To be completely honest, First Gen didn't have enough diversity... although i LOVE most if not all of the first Gens. Second Gen was dope as hell, but i feel like it was too small. and as for Third Gen, i coulda lived without most of them, but with that we got flygon and salamence, who are AWESOME :) i think the only thing i like about the new generations are the new moves that come out... i mean, the older pokemon with newer moves are pretty cool... but i could do without some of the rediculous pokemon of the newer gens.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    As of right now, no. I just started Black and still have a lot of pokemon to discover and get used to. Once I've come accustomed to the new pokemon I may start missing the older ones

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    I'm kinda missing the old Pokemon, but frankly, they designed these new Pokemon too much like some of the older ones. The bat one, the rat one, the pidgeon one....srsly...wtf...

The_Noob

Banned
    Years
    After an all-nighter playing up to Skyla and Twist Mountain the day before I beat the game, (It took me three days. Odd. It seems like every game I play takes three days to beat.) I tripped on exhaustion and somehow got every Pokemon I saw, having grinded for hours and hours, stuck in my head.

As such, I not only accepted each B&W Poke for what it was, but they were absorbed into the depths of my mind. So, I sort of forgot the other 493 for a couple days before the weird spell that had come over me from staying up so long wore off, just in time to go into the White Forest and get ambushed by overleveled trainers with the old Pokes, giving me the worst rush of nostalgia possible.

Noob out.

Back