• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Do you miss the older generation Pokémon?

hackerofdarkness

I have return
    Years
    No not at all since it's great seeing no more zubats,geodudes,and what ever is left in the main storyline,plus that I like only playing with the region Pokemon.

AusDon

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    I've played Gens 1 & 2 so much, I pretty much memorized everything.
    Not really fun anymore.

I like playing games where I don't know what will happen next.

Same thing happened with Morrowind and Oblivion, for me.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I don't miss the old ones. I mean, I'll see them again later. I wanna meet the new faces first! :]

A Tell-Tale Heart

The Boy Who Waited...
    Years
    Yeah, it was actually kind of nice seeing only new Pokémon for a while. One of the things that really struck me was how they tried not to have similar areas have the same Pokémon in them. A good example of this would be the caves. Remember how every cave in the old games had Geodude and Zubat? Aside from Woobat (which still was only in two caves IIRC) and Drillbur (who was in all but maybe the last two), all the caves had different Pokémon in them. I thought that was pretty cool.

Of course, they kind of dropped the ball with the water areas (soooo many Basculin). Not to mention Icirrus, Route 8, and the Moor which for some reason all had EXACTLY the same Pokémon (except the wild Seismitoad in the Moor, which is awesome).

Years
    i do miss them. dont get me wrong, this generation is good, much better than gen 4 which had many pokemon i didnt like, but i still want to get an abra and eevee and play through the game with them. sure i can get abra after the elite four, but i cant get eevee at all, plus want to play through the main game with them.
    that said, ive managed to build a team of pokemon that i like from this gen. maybe next run through i action replay in some old ones.

Years
    No...I love older´s gen PKMN, but when I want to play with them....I am gonna play the older games....Unova (damn what a stupid name, Isshu is xxx times better) is far away from other regions, so that can make a sense....

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I dont miss using the older generations one bit. I love the idea of seeing new Pokemon first, then the older generations come out and play. I wish they did this in the other 2 generations before the 5th

:t354:TG

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Noooope, not really. I've been too busy enjoying seeing all the new Pokemon from this gen, that I haven't really noticed the fact that it was lacking old generation Pokemon. xD For once, I like most of the Pokemon in a generation, and so I don't mind really.

Hibaru

Advanced Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    I missed 1st gen and 3rd gen so much. They are a good games. 3rd gen is the first game that I played a lot and have strong Pokemon there. Followed up with 4th gen after that.

Still, I missed the 1st and 3rd gen.

Dusk White

Terra's Protege
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2014
    I miss the old generation pokemon because I miss the pokemon like blazinken, exploud, pikachu, secptile.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I miss my favorites from the older games. The others, I'm rather meh about. But I really haven't found that any of the new Pokemon would make worthy replacements of my favorites on my primary team.

Years
    I miss having trouble choosing which Pokemon to put on my team, at least. There are so few 5th gen Pokemon I like, it's a no-brainer.

Years
    I think THE GREATEST PEOPLE EVER could take it a step further, mind. I'm still waiting for the day when a Pokemon Blanket is released when all 600+ are catchable in the wild from the start (IMAGINE THE CHOICE!)...
    this.
    imagine going into a cave. first you see geodude and zubat, but then you might see aron, roggenrola, woobat, and whatever else might fit into a cave.

imagine the first route you go on, it has ratata, sentret, zigzagoon, lilipup, poochyena, maybe pidgey, starly, pidove.

some may think its hectic, but i think it would be really great as you would never know whats coming.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    I do...I really miss Sneasel and Treecko. And I wish b l a c k and White would have older Pokemon and not just the new ones...(Even though you beat the thing and some older Pokemon appear... are mostly generation IV Pokemon.)
    So, yes.

mathewsggm

super saiyan
    Years
    • Age 26
    • USA
    • Seen Jan 30, 2012
    i played 3gen is the first game i played and i miss them ive played white and beat it in 2 days
    flat so yeah i miss them.

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
    Years
    Uhh... Pikachu, Diratini, Magikarp, Piplup, Pidgey, Taillow. I DO MISS THEM!! AND EVEN CHIMCHAR :( I want them to get back at the B/W Remake !!!

Years
    another idea is once youve played through the game once you get the option to play through it again, but this time the older pokemon come out from the start.
    then you'd be able to play through the actual story with you old pokes

Years
    I don't necessarily "miss" the older generation as they're still obtainable post-game. It's a refreshing experience to have only encountered brand new Generation V Pokémon throughout the play-through of Black which I think was the best choice. It's difficult to include/exclude Pokémon from the old generations in a brand new region because of the sheer variety of Pokémon available. Whatever Pokémon that do make it to the final cut, there will always be people complaining about how X & Y Pokémon were left out and should have been in the game as well. The best and most sensible approach would surely be to make it Generation V exclusive and allow older generation Pokémon to be obtainable later on in the game.

Although sometimes I do wish I'd run into a Magikarp while surfing; Basculin is just awful.

Back