• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you nickname your Pokémon?

Do ya?

• Yes

Votes: 33 40.2%
  • No

Votes: 17 20.7%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 32 39.0%

• Total voters

Ai

; ♥ ~
    Years
    Sometimes I do. Depends on my mood ^^ but then usually if I don't name my starter I don't name anyone else in the whole game.. xD

.Bastion

O a t h k e e p e r
    Years
    I used to nickname my pokemon in R/B/Y. I remember that I used to nickname my Pidgeot Tweety and my Articuno was Icee. :P

I kinda grew out of it over time though. I may nickname them if I get bored once and awile.

Clobarr13

The voices won't stop! *twitch
    Years
    I like giving nicknames.
    Sometimes they're simple; (Poochy=Poochyena, Pipp=Pikachu)
    Sometimes they're odd; (Devire for Sharpedo, Leonai for Salamence)
    Sometimes they're cool; (Adamant= Nidoking {yea it's a nature} and Nova for Flareon)
    I always name them unless I'm looking for something (held items)
    Oh, I have the same problem, Banette's Haunting... It's so confusing!
    (I usually go with Uppercase)

dakelland12

fire type master
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 15, 2007
    i dont bother nicknaming my pokemon its a waist of time i prfer to get further in the games.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    i dont bother nicknaming my pokemon its a waist of time i prfer to get further in the games.

*sweatdrops*

Well... that was informative. Not to be a critic or anything here, but I don't see how you get "further" by not nicknaming. Nicknames help me enjoy the game more, especially since I get the idea of "what is this Pokemon like?" As a fanfic author and reader (not to mention reviewer) I know that interesting characters bring things "to life" much better then plain old generic ones. My nicknames give my Pokemon personality, so it isn't just "Female Sceptile with docile nature and these attacks", it's "Sakura, kind, loving 'team mother', devoted to trainer, specializes in attacking this way". It makes the games more fun for me.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    Of course I do! X3 Every Pokemon I've ever caught (except ones I trade) has a nickname, and the funny thing is, the names are all different! XP So...that means I've thought of over 200 different names. That's even starting to scare me...XP

Death Rogers

Great Old One
    Years
    I don't usually nickname my Pokemon.

But I nickname my babies because there's always at least two eggs at the day care and I like to tell them apart.

Years
    No I don't. I started a new game for a laugh once and I named all my pokemon stupid names and I even called the character "Retard". It was funny...for abit.

Poké King

A Mixed Bag...
    Years
    • MD
    • Seen Apr 25, 2007
    Nah I never use nicknames for some reason, the only Pokémon that I ever have that have nicknames are those that I traded with NPC's or fellow players.

Arlynn

Fourteen
    Years
    Yes I do. All of my Pokemon have names that have something to do with them. Whether it be a different language (I like to stick with ancient Greek, and with the Grecian Gods/Godesses), or an anagram of their name (Don't use that as often).
    My sister always nicknames them too, she's a student in Japanese in her school, so she names them all with Japanese names.

I for one always have a list of names ready, so that when I catch a new Pokemon I can nickname it accordingly. My 'Notebook of Names'. One or two for every Pokemon.

I have one Sapphire completed with all nicknamed, one gold complete with all nicknamed, one silver (my favorite) with all nicknamed in completion, and Crystal completed and nicknamed, and Yellow completed and nicknamed. And not once have I ever repeated.

Rainfall

~Solitude
    Years
    I always nickname them period! I'll sometimes even spend a long time thinking about perfect nicknames. I just can't stand not being able to name them, and it drives me crazy when their pokemon names are in all caps. I don't know why it bugs me...

J

good morning
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    Not a lot. :x Though I did name a whole team after Red's (PokeSpecial) Pokemon. >_>

Back