• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you nickname your pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelauk

shmowzow
Years
  • you better believe it!

for example:
    kai the serperior, azyriel the eevee, kilkio the shinx, syrol the lanturn, jade the liepard, miranda the zebstrika, finn the luxio, marina the empoleon, ezio the staraptor, and so on.

these are only a fraction of the the pokemon i've caught or recruited within the games.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    Well, except 1.

Tepig - H1N1 (well, its a pig right?)

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I name every single pokemon I catch, whether it is on my team or not.

It's just one of those things I have been doing since the first games so I never stopped.

My favorite nickname ever would have to be when I named by Articuno Archie :3

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I very rarely nickname my Pokemon, but if it is on my competitive team, I might.

big NATE alpha

Patriotic Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2011
    My first six usually, my starter always. Usually if it's something I like a lot or reminds me of something funny I'll nickname it as well.

Years
  • I changed my Snivy's name to Smugleaf, but other than that, I've never nicknamed my Pokémon.

This made my day, haha.

As for me, I don't nickname my Pokémon, but I might sometime. I just don't have any good nicknames to give them. I like the option though. I also wouldn't nickname anything that I were to trade, just for the other person's sake.

If I plan on trading from a fourth generation game to a fifth, I plan on nicknaming it with the new name formatting (SQUIRTLE → Squirtle) because I am kind of a perfectionist when it comes to things like that. (This is one feature I wish they would have fixed, or made it so we could nickname a traded Pokémon. I can see the point behind not allowing it, but maybe we should be allowed to if they didn't get a nickname in the first place from the OT.)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I never nickname my Pokemon, it just annoys me for some reason. I'd rather have them have their own species name :o

Years
  • When I had Silver, I nicknamed my whole team as blackberry, blueberry, raspberry etc lol :P Now I only nickname if I absolutely must, for example I always have to pick Treecko in Emerald and name it Gex, after Gex 64 on the Nintendo lol :)

Tyranee

Can't read my Poke'-face!
    Years
  • I nickname teams I reach the Elite 4 with because it makes me feel more like the team is mine rather than just a bunch of random Pokemon I trained. I also nickname most everything in my walkthrough just for LULz.

PickupTeam

Free Item Abuser
    Years
  • Nicknames

I have lots of nicknamed pokemon! I didn't used to nickname any of them, but since I started doing it it adds a lot of fun to the game.
    My Pachirisu team: (spread across 3 versions)
    Scavenger
    Patches
    Jubb-Jubb
    ClawHammer (I watch G4)
    Julia
    Hamlet
    Tommygun
    Jake
    Charlie
    Sandy
    Whitey

Empoleon: Napoleon
    Arcanine: Scruffy
    Stantler with Frisk and Thief: Frisky
    Stantler I used to breed previous Stantler: Bambi'sMom
    Kricketune: Lucky
    Mamoswine: PorkNBeans
    Rapidash: Lightning
    Staraptor: Aerow

...You get the idea.

BartCiao

It has always been Pokemon :)
    Years
  • I always nickname any Pokémon, but if I'm sure I'm not gonna use that Pokémon in my team, I'll just quickly think something up and most of the time that's not very original:P For example: Marowak --> Boner. But if the Pokemon will be in my team, I keep thinking till I get a good name.
    Current team and nicknames are:
    Charizard --> Stay (ever loyal, you know:P)
    Raichu --> Sparkz
    Persian --> Scrooges
    Hitmonchan --> Eles (because of the Fire Ice Thunderpunch)
    Mr. Mime --> MIMIEN (given by trade, but I like it, pronounce like Mimièn, like French:P)
    Kingler --> Mr. Krabs (Spongebob^^)

SuperSaiyanII

Cool Story Bro!!
    Years
  • I used to choose not to nickname my Pokemon but recently, I've started to enjoy doing so. I only nickname them if I plan to use them on wi-fi or if they're gonna be on my in-game team.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back