• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you really try to catch'em all?

Do you still try to catch'em all?

• Yes

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • No

Votes: 22 62.9%

• Total voters

Euphoric Magikarp

Magikarp ~<3
    Years
    This is something I've always kind of wondered. Do you or maybe anyone you know try to catch'em all? When the first games came out that's what I wanted to do, but then when the second gen came out and there were more, I started to lose interest in catching them all. The 3rd gen was definently the end of me ever trying to catch'em all. So instead I just get the Pokemon I want and focus on beating the game. With 493 Pokemon now, do you still try?

Tialgo

Hey, wanna buy a E?
    Years
    I'll try it^^. In Crystal i've got 209 Pokemon and there was only not Celebi in :(((. It's very strange to do this but this is the how of Pokemon

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    Nope. I'm too lazy and don't have the time or patience required to catch them all. Plus I have nobody to trade with and only one game (LeafGreen.)

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    I tried it in the second generation games, but it was just too time consuming. Now I definately can't do it with 493 Pokemon.

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    I'm too lazy. And don't feel like putting that much time in my day to do something like that.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    I say yes, but I only do it when there is nothing else to do.

I have completed my poke'dex in my red, yellow, silver, pkmn pinball ruby/sapphire, sapphire, leafgreen, and pearl versions. ;]

Years
    when i start the game i catch very pokemon in every route untill i got ever single one it took me forever to get skitty in emerald but i still do it in diamond that is why when i get up to like the 4 badge im on like LV 50 because i stayy in the wild and look for pokemon but yes this is very annoying and time consuming

Loveon

RAWR.
    Years
    I've tried to catch every wild Pokémon I saw when I had first gotten my Ruby game. I don't try to do it anymore but sometimes I'll check what Pokémon in my Diamond version I don't own and I'll try to find and catch it.

Years
    I try to get as many as I can, but I'll never be able to catch them all - especially with those legendaries that can't be traded, and I can't go to an event to get one. Those uncatchable pokemon have made the phrase "gotta catch 'em all" pretty much obsolete for the majority of the population that don't have an event near where they live.

Years
    XD nope! I only get the ones I want. I've never really tried to go for 'em all. I'm just lazy XD

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Oh gosh.. I've met a lot of people over the last 10 years who try to catch all the Pokemon, along, of course, with filling up their Pokedex. The thing is, I do like to try and complete my Pokedex, but alot of times I'm not that deticated. I've also never tried to catch 'em all.. Normally I only have one version of each color generations of games. Plus getting the third one, but I never have all three.

For example.. Blue/Yellow, Crystal, Ruby/Emerald, FireRed/LeafGreen, Pearl.

Not that I haven't played the others, but I don't don't own them.. so I really have no way of completeing my Pokedex's or catchin' 'em all. At least not with most of them.

eisenherz

Lucario Fanboy
    Years
    Pfft. I think the most Pokemon I've caught in a single game was 73 or something. I could care less about filling the Pokedex. I just wanna beat the Elite Four. Catching them all is boring to me.

Years
    Those uncatchable pokemon have made the phrase "gotta catch 'em all" pretty much obsolete for the majority of the population that don't have an event near where they live.

I completely agree with this.

The closest I've ever come to having a complete Pokedex was my complete Hoenn Pokedex in Emerald ("complete" meaning 200/202 Pokemon). It took me several months to complete, and I had to use (besides my Emerald version) a friend's Sapphire version, a Ruby version I rented for two weeks, and my sister's Leaf Green version. I normally don't try to complete the Pokedex, but in Emerald, I was trying to get one of the Johto starter Pokemon.

Back