• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you regret your starter choice?

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2017
    I am glad I chose Charmander because of the disparity of spread of spawn rates among the three (not inlcuding Pikachu here).

Caught over seen stats:
    1. Bulba 18 / 23
    2. Squirtle 25 / 28
    3. Charmander 2 / 2 with 1 coming from my starter choice

Not sure if this is consistent with other countries but I confirmed this to be the case to frequent poke locations within my home country.

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2016
    Very happy with picking Bulbasaur. Have not gotten a chance to catch one in the wild yet. Caught 5 Squirtles, 1 Charmander, and 1 Pikachu so picking Bulbasaur at the beginning is the only reason I have all the starters.

Years
    I started with Charmander and ended up trading him in. I should have gotten Pikachu. In my downtown area, all three starters spawn frequently. Charmander spawns the most and I even found a Charizard.

Years
    I chose Charmander as my starter, and it's also the only Charmander I've encountered so far. Meanwhile, I've had one or two encounters against Bulbasaur, and I've seen an abundance of Squirtle.

No regrets!

Afterglow Ampharos

Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a b
    Years
    I've never seen a Charmander, fire types are rare in my region. So maybe Bulbasaur was a poor choice?
    Oh well, no matter who you pick you don't get Pokedex EXP for your first 'mon.
    And the starter Pokemon are so weak it's good for nothing - starter Pokemon really don't make any mechanical sense in a game where you don't need a Pokemon from your team to help you catch new ones.

TequitoClown

Swim swim. Swim sw- Tentacool
    Years
    I regret picking Bulbasaur because they are as common as dirt around here. Same goes with Squirtle, but Charmander or Pikachu? Not seen one. Should have picked Charmander!

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    i caught a charmander because it was the first thing that popped up. i'd be surprised if anyone who is level 10+ (even lower) hasnt caught or hatched all 4 starters by now.

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2016
    picked bulbasaur which ive seen a few times in the sightings but have not caught any more of, found and caught a few charmanders and there are a few squirtles near me in sightings but haven't found any yet. Hatched pikachu from my first egg. there are pikachu nests all over my suburban area none in sf though it seems.

Back