• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Do you still have your starter Pokémon in your party?

Do you still have your starter Pokémon in your party?

• Yes

Votes: 119 62.3%
  • Yes, but only because I don't have good Pokémon

Votes: 10 5.2%
  • No, I gave it away

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • No

Votes: 57 29.8%

• Total voters

Snerd

Super Nerd
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Feb 14, 2011
    The title says all.

I currently have my Torterra in my party, but it's only because I haven't found any better Pokémon yet.

TERRA#493

Competitive Battler
    Years
    in my offline-team (not wifi-team) infernape will always have an place there.. i have made up my mind that i will take in future torterra and empoleon in my team ^^ the 4th pokemon will be crobat (especially for flying), bibarel (best vm-slave alive =D) and garchomp (because its one of my favourite pokemon)

Fire Eagle

The Pokemon Legend
    Years
    I do have my starter Pokemon in my team and always will because it's pretty much the dominating heavy attacker, which is Torterra. I love it when he's on my team, when he's on there, it makes me cry. Nah, just kidding.

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2016
    I do, mainly because I'm doing a water monotype challenge, and Empoleon's pretty useful. But even when I'm playing through for fun, I will use my starter.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I still have my starter in my party because it's not that weak. Also I don't have any outstanding pokemon right now that should make my starter go in the PC. My starter is at very good use as well. It mostly helps me EV train very weak pokemon, so I don't really have a reason not for it to be in my party.

Years
    I have my Torterra in my party on Diamond, but I didn't use my Chimchar at all in Platinum. He's probably in a box somehwere.

SPEEDIE

*Insert Random Joke Here*
    Years
    Yep still have my Infernape in my party, it could probably defeat all the Gym Leaders by itself

Gusxx1

Name/FC: Gus / 4082 1523 9868
    Years
    When i got the game a while ago, i didn't know that you couldn't use the PC well trading, so i had to give up my Empoleon for a giveaway :( So no, i don't have it anymore.

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2016
    Actually, I do. I've used my Empoleon in a lot of WiFi battles, since it had the perfect Nature, and I redid it's EVs.

Years
    In Platinum, I do since I still haven't gone around to building a competitive team and I still need it to get around some places I haven't explored. In Diamond, I have long abandoned my starter.

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    Yes, but if I battle online I will take him outta the lineup. Torterra is just so sweet:p

Back