• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Do you still have your starter Pokémon in your party?

Do you still have your starter Pokémon in your party?

• Yes

Votes: 119 62.3%
  • Yes, but only because I don't have good Pokémon

Votes: 10 5.2%
  • No, I gave it away

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • No

Votes: 57 29.8%

• Total voters

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
    I have in all three of my games; the only time my starter (2 Empoleon 1 Torterra) go away is for breeding sprees or trading huge numbers of pokémon. My party would feel empty without a starter.

Isabelle

★ Emo Princess ★
    Years
    I always have my Pokemon Starter here in my party. Because it's the very first pokemon i had. And i want to stick with my pokemon on a long long journey. ^^

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    yeah i always keep my infernape with me ^^

sanny the hedgehog

Back by popular demand?
    Years
    yeah i always keep my starter pokemon in my party
    cause, well:
    1. its usually my strongest
    2 it's the first pokemon you get in the game (and the one you probably pay most attention to)

Years
    Of course I do and I usually have them be on a higher lvl then the others. Idk y it's just an impulse that my first pokemon should be a leader for the rest of the team but only by 3-5 lvl

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2010
    My Infernape was replaced by Salamence, he never leaves my side!

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    Yes, I still have my Empoleon in my party.

FalconJoker

Joking with the Devil
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    I use A starter Pokemon in competitive battling if that counts.... not the same one I chose in the beginning (using a bred one) but it's a descendant! :P

Years
    empoleon is sometimes with me, but when i was able to migrate lapras, she pretty much took over as the powerhouse water type, then bulbasaur came and i had to make room for him. right now i'm trying to get all of my team pokemon fully leveled up, but leading is rapidash, as she was caught as a ponyta early on at lvl 5 and i always seemed to use it most anyways currently its as lvl 77

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    In Pokemon Pearl, even though I have completed my game and all, it is still with me. It helps me catch the legendaries, shinies, and other pokemon I need. It also helps me EV train my pokemon.

In Pokemon Platinum, I still have my starter because I haven't beat the Elite Four yet, and I still need it in order to beat it.

Years
    No i dont have him there for now I tend to trade off with all my pokemon so I wont get bored training the same ones

Elmaste

Elmaste The Great!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2014
    My Infernape is sickly awesome. I just can't leave it hanging around with weak pokemon inside my box.(Seriously, my Infernape will destroy any pokemon in my box)So, I'm just being a good trainer.

Shem

Bored...
    Years
    Negative dood, got rid of my torterra in Diamond because it flat out sucked and didn't even use my Chimchar in Platinum because I had a pre-made team ready on my Diamond.

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
    I used to never leave my starter out of my team, but my Diamond breaks that rule. Empoleon is put in the box for some wifi battles, for breeding, and for training. I use Rukio the Lucario more. D:

Every other game has my starter forever on my team though. ^^

Years
    I have Infernape in my Platinum party still. It's level 89 almost 90. It also knows Blast Burn.

However, my starter in Diamond (Torterra) got moved over to Platinum. It's at level 80. (I simultaneously trained it with a Gyarados which is now level 81. Torterra knows Frenzy Plant.)

Back