• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you teach your Starter Pokemon HM's?

HM's?

• Yes.

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • No.

Votes: 11 55.0%

• Total voters

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    If it's the water starter, they're usually stuck with Surf, but for the most part, I try to avoid it. However, if I end up with Typhlosion in GSC, I usually teach it Strength because of the not-so-wonderful move pool back then. Charizard gets Fly, too, unless I have another flying type on my team.

HallwayKid

The Illogical Scientist
    Years
    Sometimes I do, often times I don't. It depends on what I'm doing, although I often teach Surf to the Water Starters because Surf is an okay move.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    If I do, it's usually the non-useless ones like Fly, Surf, or Strength...although I was known for dumping Cut and Flash on my main battling pokemon during my newbie days of playing RBY. :P

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Oct 6, 2010
    I use to do it, but I learned my lesson with that. I typically carry around a pokemon around that can learn at least 4 hm and then a random one here or there, but my starter never gets them anymore

Tyranitar.

The Reborn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2012
    Lol I teach all my HMs to anything but my starter or my secondary pokemon. HMs > HM slaves. Im sorry to enslaving those poor pokemon. T_T;

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    I remember saddling my lvl. 100 Feraligatr with Cut way back when. I thought it was a good move....

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    I taught my Empoleon Surf actually i think i taught it 3 HM's...
    I wouldn't usually do that but.. Desperate times =/

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    My Torterra knows Rock Smash, because he was the only Pokémon I had who was compatible with the HM and I was in a hurry. But my poor Empoleon is stuck with Rock Climb, Surf and Waterfall XD Eh, he makes good use of them in battle at the moment lol. But I do plan to train up my Lapras and shift the water-HMs over to her, so that Empoleon can be more of an Ice-user. :3

Edit - Oh yes, and my Charizard knows Fly. But that's because all of the bird Pokémon I've used for Flying slaves so far all suck in battle.

Rainflower

분홍신
    Years
    only water starters with surf. waterfall and the others? to the hm slave, such as bibarel. too bad in hgss, there's no good hm slaves D:

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    My Torterra knows Rock Smash, because he was the only Pokémon I had who was compatible with the HM and I was in a hurry. But my poor Empoleon is stuck with Rock Climb, Surf and Waterfall XD Eh, he makes good use of them in battle at the moment lol. But I do plan to train up my Lapras and shift the water-HMs over to her, so that Empoleon can be more of an Ice-user. :3

Edit - Oh yes, and my Charizard knows Fly. But that's because all of the bird Pokémon I've used for Flying slaves so far all suck in battle.

Shouldn't Lapras be the Ice user, seeing as she gets STAB for it?

Years
    Nope never have and I doubt I ever will, although I have been tempted to teach my water pokemon surf every now then I've always resisted.

Back