• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you think Ash will catch a Legendary?

Taemin

move.
Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Okay, this has been brought up on Serebii, but not here, that I've seen... so I ask you...

Do YOU think Ash will ever manage to catch a Legendary Pokemon?
    Why, or Why not?

<3

Heres my answer, as copied from Serebii:

No...

XD

At least thats my opinion.

Yet somehow he manages to MEET them all at least once if not more, even though other trainers can go there whole lives without even hearing their vocies...
    Why? Because he's ASH!
    Even so.... he'll never catch a legendary.... Also, if he did that would make his challanges way too easy.
    I love him, but No... ^^;

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • Eh, no. He meets them all, but won't ever catch one. I think it would be cool if he did though...

Ai

; ♥ ~
    Years
  • Yeah I agree that he sees them all, and he'll never get one. He never attempts to catch them.. He wants to keep the rare free! LoL. I guess there's a reason why not to get Mewtwo, Articuno cause it saved him and Lugia cause 'she' had a 'baby'. but the others.... i've no idea.. ... ... FREE! XD

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
  • Well sweeties, I think he has a much of a chance to catch a Legendary Pokémon as me making it into the anime series. XD So other words, maybe. XD

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    ....Actually....he maybe able to if he has something other just Poke Balls.... ><;

Years
  • If ash did find a legendary he wanted to catch which is unlikely he wouldn't be able to weaken it enough to catch it in a pokeball

The reason ash doesn't have any ultraballs is because he doesn't have enough money to buy one.
    I don't even recall seeing a dif type of pokeball except the one he catches totodile in

So no i don't think ash would catch a legendary pokemon

Heres another question though: Do u think anybody that travels with ash will catch a legendary pokemon eg. Brock

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    uuuum....Misty? XD Because I don't think Brock would be able to catch one...

and you know...Ash has money to eat... why he spend some of that mony on Master balls?

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2007
    Ash and his travelling companions care too much about the well-being of all pokemon to want to keep a beautiful and unique pokemon to themselves. They all acknowledge they should be free because they are so rare. I'm sure if a rare pokemon wanted to join the team, like Ash's Squirtle did, it would do. But that's the only possibility. All of the pokemon they capture, they feel they could benefit, either by helping they grow stronger, achieveing a draem (like Lapras to be reunited with it's family), or to care for it as it's unable to look after itself (like togepi and Snorlax). I guess the only benefit Ash and his friends could offer a legendary pokemon is protection. But even that is limited due to the fact they're wandering trainers etc. It's a shame. They are so cute and pretty n_n

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    ...I had an odd recurring dream that Ash caught a Raikou (not having ever heard about Pokemon Chronicles at the time),but I doubt it'll ever happen.

Skipp

Pokévid Bringer
    Years
  • he might, but like some legendary pokemon such as zapdos, articuna and zapdoe there is a catch with catching 1 as u know from the 2000 movie i thing it was...

but he might get 1 for a short time like if 1s rly hurt, he'll take it to a pokécenter or somot, bu i think it b pretty rubbish if he did get 1 =/

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
  • I wouldn't wish that he'll capture a legendary.. if he really caught one, there'll be no challenge and no fun watching him battle in any pokemon match. What that makes those matches so darn exiciting is that there's always some sort of difficulty to overcome or sth..

that's just my opinion though. XD

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Well, keep in mind that having one of the elemental Legendaries doesn't guarantee Ash a victory...I mean, he beat an Articuno in the Battle Factory, so just having him catch one wouldn't mean the end of his challenges (although Team Rocket would probably forget about Pikachu...).

Ultimate_Evil

AKA UchihaRyuu
    Years
  • No, he wont. he meets them but all he does is try to make friends with them, also the show wouldnt seem right if he went around showing off his legendary. and if he did the pokemon company would probably make the legendary loose to a weak pokemon. and that would be dissapointing because he wouldnt know how to use the pokemon right.

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
  • Ichapokemr said:
    Well, keep in mind that having one of the elemental Legendaries doesn't guarantee Ash a victory...

you're right, it doesn't gurantee a victory; but at least it would give him a very very great advantage if he used a legendary for battle

~Rene~

Pearlshipping Fan!
    Years
  • Yes, I think Ash will catch a Articuno. Because it's my favourite legendary Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    miyo said:
    you're right, it doesn't gurantee a victory; but at least it would give him a very very great advantage if he used a legendary for battle

Depends on the battle. I mean, using a Raikou in a Rock/Ground Pokemon Gym wouldn't do much good, would it?

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
  • Depends on the battle. I mean, using a Raikou in a Rock/Ground Pokemon Gym wouldn't do much good, would it?

hmmm... yeah. Raikou could still use other non electric attacks, but then it cancels of the cool STAB.. I get what you mean now.. lols :P

Back