• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you think downloading music for free is ok

Do You Think Is Ok

• Yes

Votes: 24 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    I had like 500 songs on my PC then I spazzed and thought the cops would catch me so I deleted them all ;-;

Hantsuki

a little wolf inside a girl
    Years
    It really depends where you get them from. If it's from an illegal site..then you better hope you don't get caught,otherwise,if it's legal,and it really is FREE then,I would download it XD

~~*Me*~~

Was/Is GirlGenius~
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2005
    I download music all the time. Meh, it's illegal, but I don't really care XD

*chooses yes*

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    I just download offshore properties (foreign music). US laws don't really apply to things like that, and no where near as severe for being caught.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    If it's mainstream, I'll download the music(they don't need the extra money...). If it's sub-mainstream, or a local band, I'll buy the CD for support.

Also, if I can't find a certain song on a CD(perhaps it was only available in a compilation), then I'll download it.

Nine

Kirby + Pineapples = Love
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jun 11, 2007
    The internet is for sharing. :D

Nah, don't have a problem with downloading music. Often times I'll download a song by a band that I'm unfamiliar with to see if I like the type of music, then buy the CD if I like the song(s). Alot of the bands I like are hard to get CDs, hence why I download music.

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
    Years
    I don't Download music.Probobly because i don't listen to it much.

But i belive if people wish to take the risk of being causght it's their problom.

Kyogre-chan

Banned
    Years
    Of course. Mainly because the nearest CD store is a good half-hour drive away from here.

Also, millions of people download music over the internet, so the chances of being caught are so low they aren't worth worrying about. :P

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    Technically, downloading for free is stealing IMO. I do it though because I can't afford to buy CD's from the shops. Expecially singles which cost about ?4, when full albums only cost ?10-12.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    I don't really listen to music. When I do download something it's usually some obscure song that I wouldn't be able to find by conventional means.

ASG

ANTI-SPAM GUN
    Years
    i don't care XD i have more then 1000 hours of it downloaded i just can never think of anything to download

B-Baller

My ballin' is br00tal
    Years
    Its fine, as long as you're not breaking copyright laws.

If you're afraid that you'll get caught, just burn your mp3s to a CD, then delete them. That way, you've got disk space in your comp + you can still listen to your fave songs! XD

^^NICK^^ v.3.0

Original Nick
    Years
    I do. I don't really have a good reason, except because I do download for free, and if I thought it was wrong, that'd be stupid.

Back