• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Do you think it is possible that you can customize your charcter in this game?

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    Don't say bad things to the new character " the girl " The girl is really cute dont you think? Ontopic. About the cuztomization of your character. I think that's really good but as flash and others said it's too much :3 because there are many features now.
    no i think someone has to sacrifice her to some miltank god to summon crystal.

Spoiler:

Norcinu

Beginning Snagger
    Years

XD Funny guy you are.

Trainer customisation might be too much for HGSS, but you know how in DP you could pick your appearance in wireless battles? What do people think if we could pick from those (already made) characters and able to appear as them throughout the game? If there's going to be any customisation, it'll start off very limited.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I think for the remake and customizing your character goes, the farthest point in the remake they'll get is choosing a character to be through Wi-Fi [like said above]. I also think that it will be limited as well if they ever decide on bring it out.

By the way, the topic isn't about the new girl Poliwagged, so leave all your rough comments on her at the complaints thread, because it doesn't belong here.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2009

That is real funny. Ontopic: It will probably just be for Wifi (even if they include it like I said in my first post it is unlikely, but it would be cool).

Years
    I don't think it's possible in this game (seeing as they have the two character designs picked out), but in the next Pokemon game, that would be nice. If they had that, I could finally play as a red haired girl. (The girl in Colosseum doesn't count; she just follows you).

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    Like Lily said, I doubt it due to the fact that character art was already released. It just doesn't really make sense to have customizable characters with a hero for both genders already created.

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    yh it would be cool but the point of the game is pokemon unless ur going to get a ribbon or something...
    but doubt it be on handheld maybe on the Wii if the make a new version of PBR.

Years
    I can see it in future generations. But most likely on a Wii/other console- if they tried doing it for DPPt/HGSS, there'd have to be millions (f.o.s.) of overworld sprites, which, i would imagine, would take up rather alot of memory. Probably in a future game.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    There would be a ton of different OW sprites, that is why I think they chose it for the Wii instead because of better memory, graphics, and because you see more of the look in the character on a Wii rather than seeing an OW sprite of your character in a handheld game.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    If you the creator [you] wants it closed, then all you have to do it report it and they'll get to it as fast as they can.

Anyway, even though it may be unlikely now, you never know in the future.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2009
    If you the creator [you] wants it closed, then all you have to do it report it and they'll get to it as fast as they can.

Anyway, even though it may be unlikely now, you never know in the future.

I was joking, so I removed that from the previous post.

(Moderators I do NOT want this closed, repeat do NOT want it closed. Just in case they saw that XD)

Last edited:

Ayselipera

I doubt that will happen, but it would be great!
    I have often thought that it would be nice if they
    made a few girl/boy characters and let you pick
    which one you want.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Well put it like this, why would we really need character customizations right now with one old character and a one new character who has been part of the originals, and one who hasn't. It really wouldn't be needed at the moment either.

Nemaru

nah
    Years
    Definately not in HG/SS, I can gurantee that.

Although, a little bit down the road they might add that. It'd be awesome to play as Brendan, Red, or even Gold in the 5th Generation games instead of everyone being the new 5th generation character.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Yeah, if anything, if they were to simply give us a choice in character first in the future over having to play as one main hero, then you can definitely expect later on to play with customizations in future generations.

Years
    Maybe...but if you mean customize your character like they did in DPPt where you can choose a character for others to see you as, then that's a possibility. Remember those 4 options they gave? For example: Beauty, Lass, Socialite, Lady. But if you mean something like the sims where you customize the main character : hair, eyes, clothes, etc., then I doubt it. It would be cool, however.
    Spoiler:

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Creating customization like Sims will be highly doubtful at the moment, but as they slowly progress with new things at a time, it might sooner or later become one of those options. Right now it may just be a little too early to drastically go customization all of a sudden when they take little steps at a time in introducing it.

Zhampy

Gym/Elite~
    Years
    I don't really see the point of it. I mean, your little character is a tiny sprite so hardly anything would be visible other than hair colours or clothes colours. I guess it'd look different on the trainer card sprite but who really looks at that? I don't anyway XD

Something like trainer customisation should be on a Wii game like Battle Rev - but that didn't really give you much variation.

Back